Tuesday, July 9, 2019

REVIEW: LOL OMG Lady Diva, Swag and Neonlicious

All right, got something new for today! I pre-ordered 3 of the 4 LOL OMG fashion dolls on Amazon and they arrived today. These run about $26.99.

I couldn't believe how heavy the boxes were. There's a lot in here!

The boxes are set up so you know which doll you're buying, but you can't see her. This right here is my only big issue with this line. If I'm paying almost $27 for a doll, I want to be able to see her face and check her makeup. Two of my three have slightly off eyes, which is something LOLs are known for. Like the eye white comes over the edge of the eye indent. You'll see when we get to the face pictures.

The boxes are sealed with a clear wrap that winds around the middle portion, so there's no sliding the box open in the store unless you open that. And that's not real easy.









The side of the box shows the LOL character that's the younger sister to the fashion doll.









While the other side shows the name of the doll.









And a generic load of crap on the back. Misspellings and lame slang and blech.




We're going to look at Neon first, because she's my favorite.

As my friend pointed out, this is so Glitter Queen, by the way. I'm not sure why they switched her to Neon, but she makes way more sense as Glitter Queen.

Anyway, after removing the plastic binder, you slide the panel out and you can see the cute art and the lefthand window of the box, which holds a lot of stuff.






Slide it out more and now you can see your doll.








The box is divided into two compartments.







The righthand compartment holds the doll, a brush, the stand and a bag, which contains her purse.





Here are all the accessories. Each stand has two parts. There's the standard waist clip and then there's this round shelf bit. I'm not honestly sure what that's for. To stand the regular LOL Surprise little sister doll on? To seat the doll on? Either way, there's actually a storage space underneath the base of the stand to hold whichever piece you decide not to use.

The brush is cute.

And the purse is freakin' ADORABLE. I love this purse so much.




Here's Neonlicious herself. I'm just calling her Neon.

She has crimped short hair with two longer locks. The triangular shape reminds me of Glitter Queen's hair. As does the primarily yellow, orange and pink color scheme. Neon BB has more of a bright blue on her, which is really only found on this doll's fingernails.

She comes dressed in neon yellow tight shorts and a top.





There's a closer shot of her face so you can see the makeup better. It's so wild!




The bodies on these dolls are a bit odd, but the weirdest part is their hands. They're like super detailed, but that kind of makes them look old and crone-ish more than just detailed hands. The claw nails are something I don't think I've seen in fashion dolls before. They're growing on me though.

The hands are removable for easier dressing.






These girls have big heads and very wide hips to match! They're a stocky little doll.

And note the sculpted nipples. Haven't seen that on a fashion doll in a long time, but then LOL boys are anatomically correct, so I'm not surprised. LOL goes for the bodily details.

Note that the knees are not articulated. There is no joint there. They are not even a click joint like an old 80s Barbie. For $26.99, I kinda feel like we should have gotten a knee joint. Not that articulation is a deal-breaker for me. Never has been, but at that price point, you'd expect something more.

ETA: I've been informed that they do have click knees and I picked up Diva and really went for it. I managed to get both knees to click back once, but I had to use a hell of a lot of force. So yes, they have them, but they're also a lot of effort, which makes them not worth trying to move, in my opinion.






The butt. Love it.





So back to the other stuff!

The lefthand panel of items includes two garment bags, a magazine, a shoebox and a hatbox.




Here's everything spread out.






The hatbox contains her beret, plus the tissue paper was wrapped around her earrings, bracelet and glasses.






The shoebox has her shoes. Of course.





Love the detailing!


And each garment bag has a plastic, body-shaped hanger plus an outfit piece.

The garment bags are totally reusable, too, if you don't rip them.

These girls don't honestly come with a ton of things, but it's nice to have a plastic shoebox and hatbox, plus garment bags and hangers. I would have loved playing with the pieces when I was a kid.






Shoes, dress and bracelet on.





Now the earrings and jacket.





Everything.

Everything is a bit too much for me.

I actually quite like the hat and jacket, just not with this outfit on this doll.

I love the weirdness of the glasses, but they block her cool makeup.





And here she is on her stand!

Pretty sweet. I'm liking these so far.

Let's move on.





I remember when I first saw blurry pics of these girls that I fell for Swag. She's so not my type of doll and I hate a lot of her clothing pieces, but that hair and those eyes and that pretty makeup. Sold.





Out of the main box. I love the red, white and gold color scheme.







Her hair is SO PRETTY. I love it!





The pieces from the accessories side.



Shoes. Cute-ish.

LOVE the sunglasses. They're a very unusual shape.

And possibly the most egregious jewelry I've ever seen for a doll outside the Flavas line. It's too much for me.




Outfit. This is so not a style I like, but it's also somehow cool. I have mixed feelings.





And then the mixed feeling go away because she looks smoking hot in this! These girls are badasses.

She's just so pretty, you guys.




Gah, this hurt me to put on her. It's so bad. The stupid money necklaces doesn't even lay right.

Nope. Get offa there.




There we go. One simple gold necklace is okay.

And the sunglasses are great, but they block her pretty eyes.






There we go. Sunglasses still part of the look, but not blocking that face.

So pretty. I just love her.




Last one! Lady Diva!

This one I definitely have mixed feelings on. Diva is one of my favorite first series LOL characters. You saw her in the image near the start of this review. She has huge, triangular, crimped white hair. So why is this doll blonde, I wondered? And why does she have ridiculous 80s bangs when that really should be more Neon's department?





I can't answer the second question, but the first...well, she isn't blonde. Her hair is this very unusual pale chartreuse color. Even though her art on the box is definitely blonde.

That's what sold me on her. The hair color. And that funky little outfit she has on in this pic on the right here. I love that thing. And her boots.

So nothing about the hair makes sense, but hey, I like it anyway.





Stand, brush, adorable purse.

All the purses are open at the top, by the way. Not that they come with anything to put in them, but they're open.







Lady Diva and her box hair. She's got some gel in that ponytail.





The accessories side. Her shoebox is a bootbox, so it's a lot longer than the other two's shoeboxes.



LOVE those boots.

Her jewelry is a crazy mix. Snake earrings. A necklace with the female symbol. A choker that says SLAY. A belt with DIVA on it. And a headset.






Just a skirt and jacket in the garment bags.





All dressed up and hair gel brushed out!




With every bit of jewelry on.

Like Swag, this is a bit much for me.






There we go. No belt, no headset.

What a cute face.



And here's the trio as I have them styled for display.

I quite like these girls. I may have to get Royal Bee, too. Just not quite yet. I could only afford 3 this week and next week, most of my money's tied up in pre-orders and layaway payments.

Do you like them? Which ones do you want?

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

7 comments:

  1. I hope they make a Midnight or Dusk doll! FYI they do have knee click joints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm hoping for Midnight or Dusk the most, but I'd also take Miss Punk or Rocker. The next four should be Dollface, Snow Angel, DJ and Cosmic Queen.

      And you are right about the knees. I edited my review. Although for the amount of sheer force it took to get one click out of each knee, they may as well not be bendable. I felt like I was going to break the legs off!

      Delete
  2. Ugh. These dolls are so pretty! I almost wanted to skip Neon, but now that I see her withouth her coat and sunglasses.... yeah, I want her, too. I'm a sucker for overalls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's my favorite overall by far. I'm a sucker for neon. I do think Swag is the prettiest, but that's going by doll alone, not overall package.

      Delete
    2. Swag and Diva is still my biggest wants but I want to hold my judgement until I see them in person and play around with the accessories a bit myself.

      Delete
  3. They do have click knee, it's not as good as a normal joint but it's better then nothing. I want one soon lady diva is the one I like most. Can't wait to see series 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I played around with mine after someone above said that, but the joint is so stiff that I felt like I was going to break the legs off forcing it to click. I'm leaving that alone.

      Delete