Friday, July 26, 2019

REVIEW: She-Ra!

We must be strong! And we must be brave!

She-Ra is here!

The struggle is so real with this line. I signed up for alerts on all of them and got one single email. I was able to get this She-Ra before she sold out and I opted to pass on the Swift Wind set, which was also in stock. Through some cat-like stalking, I managed to order Catra, too. She should have been here today, but UPS screwed up, so she'll arrive tomorrow. I've not been able to get Adora, Glimmer or Bow yet.

But it's fitting. She-Ra and Catra were my first She-Ra dolls when I was a kid. And now they're first again.







The back of the box is very simple, like most Mattel boxes these days.

She was easy to open, just like the Fashionistas and DC Superhero Girls. 




Boom! For the honor of Grayskull!

She-Ra very easily stands on her own, even when living the sword, which is quite heavy.

I did unclip the plastic bits holding her tiara on and it does not want to stay on now, so keep that in mind.

But her hair looks better without it clamped to her head, too.







They pretty much nailed the outfit design.





The face I am a little iffy on. I feel like She-Ra should be more stoic and determined, less smiley. She's not as vacant as some photos have made her look though, which is good.

The hair is lovely.











Giant clunky boots that match the giant clunky boots in the show. 








A little eh from the back due to the gaping hole in the cape. 

I honestly don't see why that hole is there. 







Her gold accents are all one plastic piece, which comes off and goes back on easily. I like this idea.







The body is what disappoints me most about her. After how awesomely muscular Wonder Woman and Supergirl are in the new DCSG line, I expected a more muscular She-Ra. Look at her art on the back of the box. She's bigger than this. 





With Rallee for a little size comparison. 

Maybe she'll look huge compared to the others in the line. I don't know. I haven't gotten any yet. But more muscle definition would have been nice. 




And that's it! Like I've stated before, I'm not 100% on board with how they did these, but I have bigger issues with the other dolls in the line. Not so much her or Adora. The muscles are my main issue with She-Ra. I can deal with the face, even though both more muscular and a more stoic face would have been preferable. 

She's still pretty and mostly well-done! I'm really excited for Catra.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment