Wednesday, July 3, 2019

REVIEW: Boxy Girls UnboxMe

Ugh, I meant to crop that picture. Oh, well. I've got 3 reviews to do here and I've been up since 6am. Bear with me. Heh.

I went to Target after work and found the Boxy Girls UnboxMe line, which I didn't know was a thing. These are $9.99 Target exclusive blind-packed dolls.

I ended up with 3 because I didn't know they were $9.99. I saw a tag saying $5.99 under them. Thought that was a little too good to be true, but when I scanned the first one, I decided to just go for it and get all 3.



There are a lot of really cool-looking girls on the back of the box, but the art is definitely misleading. None of these come with accessories so all those sunglasses and headbands and such are useless.

I also got the January doll, who's in the bottom row at the far left. See that purple-tipped hair? It's not purple-tipped at all.

So take the illustrations with a shaker of salt, not just a grain.

Still there are some that are really cool and look like they have to actually look that way.




Here's January. This is the one my mom picked out and she usually has quite good luck. January jumped out at me from the box, so she was definitely one I wanted.

January is shown with purple-tipped hair and she certainly does not have that, but her bright orange hair is blended with white and it's really very cool. I love her bright makeup. Her outfit is cute, too. She's got some 80s workout vibes.




Then we've got Emerson. These shoes are certainly not new, but I do love the pants. The shirt is pretty cute.

I don't have any of the second series dolls, but I looked her up and I think this is basically just the Hannah doll in different clothes. Which is honestly fine by me, because I don't have Hannah.

I like her a lot. She's really cute.





And here's June. Let's face it, this is just Riley in new clothes. I recognized her right away.

However, I love these clothes! The top and skirt are super cute and I actually like the brown boots, just not with this outfit.






See, it's Riley.









Since her shirt says "brunch," I gave her the fries purse and farfalle shoes from the big box I bought ages ago.




Here are all 3 girls after updating.

I watched some Youtube videos and there don't seem to be many of these out so far, but I may try a couple more. For some reason, I kind of have a weakness for these once I get them in hand.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment