Friday, January 26, 2018

REVIEW: Equestria Girls Rainbow Dash

This has been awhile in the making. I don't know why Rainbow Dash got delayed so far behind the other new Equestria Girls.

It sure wasn't for quality, I can tell you that!

She came in stock online and my store said she was available for pickup, but when I went to get her, they hadn't actually gotten her in. A few days ago, I noticed the pickup option disappeared and then yesterday, it was back. So this time when I went to the store, she was there.


I really like her outfit. The top, of course, is one piece not two, but she has pants, which I'm always in favor of, and I like the two different bracelets.

She has the cool expression that I love and it suits her well.

Her biggest problem...well, her only real problem...is her hair. There's not one thing right about it.

First, it's the wrong colors. Rainbow Dash's hair is red, orange, yellow and green in the front. Very obviously so. The blue doesn't appear until the back of her head.


The only color we get of the ones that are supposed to be there is a minimal yellow streak.

I don't know how in the world they decided to make Rainbow's hair predominantly blue. Most of her hair is not blue at all.

But here she is with 99% blue hair aside from a tiny yellow streak in her bangs, a thin yellow streak in the back and a bit thicker orange streak.

No red.

No green.

No purple.

NO RAINBOW.

The second problem is that her hair quality is by far the worst of the seven dolls. Almost the entire ponytail is dry, but the bottom two inches are this super-fried level of dry that I've experienced mostly in bad Bratz dolls before. Or thrift shop Barbies that have been played with too much.

I want to love this doll. Her face and outfit are fabulous, but I can't excuse the poor quality of the hair. It's almost as bad as that blonde Mal Descendants doll. Hmm...that's Hasbro, too. Problem!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment