Wednesday, January 10, 2018

MONTH IN REVIEW: December 2017

December was kind of a crazy month for me. I was on vacation right at the beginning of it, hence this little whale shark Puffers plushie that I found in one of the island gift shops, but that got cut short, because we had some nasty, cold, rainy weather come in.

Then I've been putting in more hours at work, then the holidays, then I got one of my allergy attack illnesses, then it was New Toy Time. But now I'm finally trying to catch up on some other things, like doing this last Month in Review for 2017.


I picked up Pinkie Pie and Rarity on the way home from vacation. I still do not have Rainbow Dash, even though she's available to order on the website. I checked with my store, which says it has a case of 6, but they can't find them, so I've held off ordering.

A couple new bears arrived. Sienna is my third from Kaycee Bears and I adore her so much. And I found Daydream Bear on the Toys R Us website, so I ordered him. I'm not a big fan of these new eyes, so I won't be getting many more Care Bears.










I did some new reviews around this time: Descendants Dizzy, Shoppies 2nd edition Pirouetta, new Barbie Fashionistas stuff.



I was very shocked and pleased to find my Walmart had gotten in Waves 2 and 3 (F and G) of Series 2, so I finally completed the minis I really wanted. I stopped collecting them all and sold a bunch off back when it looked like Wave 2 was never showing up. But I was happy to complete my Geek Chic, Mermaids and Chalk Ghouls.









A huge shipment of bears arrived at my stockist, bringing two of my pre-orders. I paid for Ozzie right away and held the other one until my next paycheck, so Ozzie arrived before Christmas and Bampa came after.

My 2017 pre-orders are almost over. Just 1 plush, 1 mohair and 1 minimo (mini mohair) left to go.








Hellboy is one of my big comic loves, so I was thrilled to find these at Booksamillion.






Kohl's had their ponies buy 1 get 1 half off, so I picked up Songbird, who I'd never seen as a single before, and Big Mac.













And the inevitable Target clearance plushies.














It's been a good month for Squishables. Starry Bunny from November was joined by Pastel Dragon in December and...



...bread.

I love the Comfort Food line and want several more of them. I do have the hot dog now, but he'll be part of January's review if I get around to taking his photo.




Hallmark's Shirt Tales helped me ring in the New Year. These three arrived on December 31st and made it just in time to be delivered before the holidays closed mail services for a bit.

These plush are so cuddly and wonderful. I've slept with one every night since they arrived. There's something very comforting about them and that helped a lot when I was sick and still had to work 7 shifts in 6 consecutive days. Rick the Raccoon joined the bunch not long after this, but we're still waiting for Tyg!

PHOTO CREDITS: All mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment