Sunday, July 31, 2016

MONTH IN REVIEW: July 2016

Thronzil, Theuz, Amose and Weedlet
It's that time again. 

July began with Thronzil's arrival on the 2nd. I initially wanted one of The Beast Peddler's mandrakes, but fell for a mothman she did awhile back. I've been waiting patiently, and acquired two roots and one mini root in the time being, and she opened up awesome custom slots for mandrakes, mothmen, teacup demons, etc. I was at work when the slots opened, so I figured they'd all be gone by the time I got home. Well, I was wrong! I placed an order for a custom mothman after work and Thronzil arrived not too long after. Right away, I realized she's not a mothMAN, she's a mothMISS. She's my favorite of the beasts. (Don't tell the roots.)

Charlie Bears Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Pie arrived on the same day and she is just the prettiest, cutest thing. Her fur is so soft and the colors are amazing. I would recommend her to anyone who's interested in getting into these bears, but wants to start small. This month, I also picked up Chocoholic on special and one of my pre-orders came in: Hide the ferret. I haven't taken pics of them, due to all the craziness, but they'll be in Flickr eventually. 

Dora the Explorer's Naiya
The next new arrival was Naiya. I'd seen her several times when this line was in more stores, but I never got around to getting her. I had the original Naiya and Kate from the much larger Dora line, but they got donated pre-move. I always meant to pick up this Naiya, but didn't and then they started turning up in Dollar Generals and I kept an eye out for her, but always saw other characters (Dora's usually in stock, but one nearby has Emma and Alana, too). I finally got lucky and found Naiya in a different DG that I don't often visit, so she came home with me and she's been on my coffee table ever since. She also went to the hotel with me when we had to leave the apartment for those few days. 
Descendants Neon Lights Ball Jane  
 
July was a good month for Disney in my house. I ordered the four standard Descendants Neon Lights Ball dolls from Amazon and they did not disappoint. I've been waiting for a new Jane since the original set and she's just so goofy cute. Now I just need a new Lonnie, Hasbro. Come on. All four girls are lovely, though Jane is probably my favorite. Then Ally. Freddie is nice, but I think I like her other dolls better, and Jordan's got a way better outfit this time, but she's still just kind of an odd-looking doll. I have seen the deluxe Mal and Evie at Walmart and will likely get them eventually, but definitely not for $30 each! 

Gaston!
Then came the plush. Gaston HAD to be first, along with Elliott from Pete's Dragon and a clearanced Arlo from The Good Dinosaur. Then Lumiere, Fifi (or Babette) and Beast followed shortly. Those latter three are ones I still need to photograph one of these days. Maybe Monday I'll catch up. 

Shoppies Pam Cake
On the 9th, I was surprised to find Pam Cake from the Shoppies line in my Target. I had no idea she was even out yet! She's adorable and my second fave after Sara Sushi. 

Then we started having problems. I ordered the First Day of School (AKA: How Do You Boo?) MH dolls off Amazon. I got Draculaura, Frankie and Ari, along with a book, all set for Sunday delivery. And they were STOLEN. They were either stolen off my doorstep or misdelivered and that person kept them. I was (and still am really) furious. Amazon replaced them, but it took a little while for Ari to come back in stock. Finally, though, all of them made it here and I still have a leftover Ari that I'll return eventually. 

Now this is Draculaura!
Draculaura is really well-favored by her new face. This is how she should have looked from the get go. It perfectly captures her sweet character. I still love the old Lauras, but they were decidedly sultry and that is so not Laura. Frankie unfortunately comes across as a little blank. I don't really like her changes. Ari was a nice surprise though. I think she's actually more beautiful than Spectra and her hair colors are lovely. I have both the articulated and the basic ones.

More MH followed later in the month, as my stores finally began to restock. Toys R Us has a ton of the new stuff now, and Target is almost to that aisle with their reset. 

Dayna, the sleeper hit
I bought Dance the Fright Away Cleo and Shriekwrecked Rochelle and Dayna in TRU on the 22nd. Rochelle is over the top excellent and anyone who says the reboot waters down MH dolls needs to look at her, because she is really, really out there. Dayna was a surprise hit. She's got a nice sassy face and her body has constellations molded into it that are a surprise detail that's fabulous. Cleo as always is stellar.

Always stunning. Always. 





To finish out the month's MH purchases, I just got the Nefera/Amanita 2-pack tonight. 

Earlier in the month, I picked up the basic Batgirl at Walmart. It's been nice seeing other stores finally get the DCSGs in. 

My Funkos. Merida is on the way!







I also got into the Funko mystery mini Disney princesses and have accumulated a good little collection. I have Merida on the way, and hope to get Jasmine, Pocahontas and Mulan soon. I'll pick up Belle and Anna eventually, too. 

It's been a decent month, although stress-filled in other ways. I did finally cave and order Jillian Beanstalk from Toot's, because I'm that tired of waiting for her! Plus, she's only one per case and I'd have to have precision timing to be the one to take her home when my Target finally puts them out. 

I've got a bunch of cool stuff coming that arrives on August 1st and 2nd, so it will be part of next month's roundup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment