Wednesday, July 6, 2016

OVERVIEW: Lanard Fairykins 2012

La-Dee, Spora, Dandi and Voltessa


Lanard Fairykins used to be chubby little baby fairies that were pretty cute. I remember buying several in a grocery store and then seeing them in Dollar General eventually, but with less cute designs than the older ones.

In 2012 though, Lanard revamped the Fairykins, making them much older-looking and very cartoony.

US packaging
US packaging back





















I believe I randomly came across them on ebay and bought Spora, the blue-haired, mushroom-themed giggly artist. I looked up the others, decided I absolutely had to have them all and ordered a set of 4 from the UK.

UK packaging
UK packaging back





















These came in completely different packages. The four girls are the same though. Voltessa is my favorite. She reminds me of Stormy from Winx Club for obvious reasons.

These characters were sold separately, but also with various playsets that remind me of modernized Smurf playsets.

I love these girls and really wish they'd had more variety in the line. Putting the same dolls with the playsets made me skip buying the playsets, despite their cuteness.

(Okay, I lied. While looking for info on these girls, I saw Voltessa's firefly playset, found it on clearance and bought it. I'll post pics in a new entry when it arrives. Now I just hope there's still one in stock!)

PHOTO CREDITS: All mine.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. Im a doll collector and I couldnt remember the name of these fairies that I have in my collection. Im writing a blog with pictures of all my dolls (kind of a virtual collection?) and this helped me so much. I will put the link to your blog on my fairykins page if you dont mind!

    ReplyDelete