Saturday, July 16, 2016

FRIDOLL FIVE #7

Someday, I will do one of these on time.

#7: Furnishings

(If you don't have doll furniture, please feel free to play along and talk about what you'd like to get, if you had unlimited space and finances.)

1. Do you have any furniture for your dolls? 1/6 scale or SD scale or other?

My main pieces are a custom-made 1/6 scale bed that first was used by Evelyn, my fave Bratz doll, and now it's been taken over by the Dead Tired Monster High gang; Stardust Classics Alissa's bed, which is being used by my 3 Rosette School girls and Nothing; an antique doll chair, which 2 of my larger BJDs are sitting on; MH Cleo's vanity and EAH Ginger's kitchen set. I have some smaller pieces like Zelf chairs and little bits like that.


2. Where do you keep your doll furniture? In a doll-room, on a shelf, in a display case, etc...

The two beds are so big that they're both on the floor. So is the antique chair. Cleo's vanity is on top of one of my bookcases.


3. Do you have any:
- plastic doll furniture (e.g. Barbie, Gloria)
- wood/upholstered doll furniture
- fabric furniture (beanbag chairs, etc) 
- store-bought furniture
- custom-made furniture
- home-made or customized/repainted/reupholstered furniture
- some other kind of furniture not listed here

Yes.
Yes.
I'm sure I do somewhere.
Yes.
Yes.
No.
I think I only have the above.


4. Of the above categories, what's your favorite type or style of furniture?

If I had the space, I would get more custom beds like the 1/6 scale one. It's gorgeous. I would also get both Kat and Laurel's beds from Stardust Classics and probably some other larger scale ones.


5. Let's say you're given an unlimited budget to decorate a doll-room. What kind of furniture would you buy? Who would live there?

A single room for a single doll? Hm. I don't even know which one I would gift with that. Maybe Roslin, my fave American Girl. She'd have a simple bed with a purple/black/silver bedspread, all sorts of monster figurines and posters, action figures, a dark rug, a large TV, and bookshelves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment