Thursday, July 14, 2016

OVERVIEW: Arabian Friends

Muna
The Arabian Friends are a small doll line made by New Boy. The four different characters come in both basic and deluxe versions.

The basic dolls come in one complete outfit, including a purse and matching hijab. The deluxe dolls come with three outfits, two purses and two pairs of shoes.

The back of the basic box
The dolls remind me very much of the Giochi Preziosi Winx Club, W.I.T.C.H. and Angel's Friends dolls. They have a simple Barbie-type body with basic articulation and they have larger heads with oversized features.

I found the basic Amal on ebay and the same seller found basic Muna for me in her office, which was nice, so I got them both for great prices. Amal has blonde/light brown hair in pigtails and lovely olive green eyes. She's quite reminiscent of Winx Club's Flora. She's the pink-wearing character, too, just like Flora.

I thought Muna was going to be my least favorite, but she's actually so pretty that she ended up my fave. Her skirt is amazing and I love her whole outfit. Her eyes are a darker green than Amal's and her hair is a warm brown with red highlights.

Dunya, Ahlam, Muna and Amal
For Dunya and Ahlam, I bought the deluxe sets from a site I'll mention at the end of this article. Ahlam is the gorgeous one in blue. Her hair has so much blue mixed with the black that it looks navy overall. She has absolutely lovely clothes. And she's got blue eyes, so she really is blue from head to toe. Dunya is the brown-eyed brunette in green. Sadly, her clothing pieces from the deluxe set weren't nearly as nice on as they looked in the box.

The girls use some familiar-looking pieces. The boots were from a My Scene mold and the fabric for Amal's skirt was definitely used for some Hottiez fashion pieces. They also reused a certain pair of high-heeled platform sandals that international doll makers seem to love to borrow from Barbie. I've seen them with both Winx and W.I.T.C.H. dolls as well as these.

Amal

The Arabian Friends are really cute dolls and add something I needed for my collection. I'm always happy for more diversity and these girls, while resembling other dolls from different lines, are still singularly beautiful and unique. (I actually think they're much prettier than any of the Giochi lines that they remind me of.)

I definitely recommend grabbing some for your collection. Unfortunately, it's not exactly cheap to do so. That's the whole reason I never went back and bought the other two basics and other two deluxe dolls to have the complete set. They simply cost too much!

PHOTO CREDITS: All mine.




RECOMMENDED SITES:

http://muslimtoysanddolls.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9_37
This is where I bought my deluxe sets and the only place I see online now that carries these dolls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXx8ZLTK8gk
Cute commercial I just saw for the first time tonight! I love the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment