Friday, July 8, 2016

FRIDOLL FIVE #6

I totally had these misnumbered. I had two #3s. And none of you told me. Thanks, guys. Heh.

#6: Let’s Go Outside

1. Have you ever had someone (a friend, a stranger, a passer-by) show interest in your dolls? If so, how did you respond? Or how do you think you'd respond?

Well, a lot of my friends are doll friends, so naturally, it's easy to talk dolls with them. But several people at work, the maintenance crew of my apartment complex, etc. also know about my dolls. Some have even seen them. No one's freaked out by it and a lot even ask questions that are fun to answer. I've never had a negative experience with a non-doll person and even if someone said something, you can bet I'd have an answer for that, too!


2. Would you ever photograph your doll...
- indoors, using artificial light?
- indoors, using natural light?
- outdoors, when nobody is around (or in a semi-private place, like a backyard)?
- outdoors, in the public, with people around?

I've done all those things. Natural light is impossible in this apartment though!


3. Have you ever gone on an outing (picnic, dolly-clothes shopping, etc) with a doll? Did you take any photos?

Yup! Several accompanied me to the movies in the past. Icy and Tecna from the Mattel Winx Club line went to see AvP with me, and they went to the county fair with me, too. My BJD Nothing went to a movie with me, too, though I don't recall which one. Pullip Principessa rode around in a transparent backpack when I went to a doll show in Memphis. I don't have any photos except for the fair.


4. Would you ever go to an off-line gathering of doll-friends? Which doll(s) would you take?

Sure! Who I took would probably be dependent on what type of dolls the others had. I like to bring ones that people haven't seen much.


5. Would you ever take your doll(s) to a convention? If so, how would you like to carry them around?

I'd probably buy another transparent backpack. That worked well. She was safe and my hands were free.

No comments:

Post a Comment