Friday, July 8, 2016

OVERVIEW: Magic Attic Club

2004 Alison and 1997 Rose
Magic Attic Club was one of those lines that I really loved the books for, but never got into the dolls. I don't think any of the dolls are really that cute except for Rose.

In March 2010, I got both Alison and Rose from Craiglist. Different sellers, but both purchases worked out fine. I've gotten some great deals from Craiglist, but I don't shop there often. I always have to ask the seller to ship, which I always think some of them won't want to do.

I never really bonded with Alison, and she was eventually sold. Rose, however, stuck around.

Rose in her fancy dress
I even bought her this lovely dress on ebay. She's been in it for years and I sold her stock off ages ago.

Rose is a lovely doll and I adore that one of the characters was Native American. I hated when they decided to erase that and make her Latina later on in the line.

I do love all the dresses in the set this green one comes from, but I've never searched for any others, since I don't plan on buying the other dolls to put them on.

That's about it when it comes to my opinions on MAC. The books are great though! I highly recommend those.

PHOTO CREDITS: Both mine.

RECOMMENDED SITES:

http://www.justmagicdolls.com/meet/mac/magicattic.htm
This is a history of everything the Magic Attic Club line has been through, and believe me, it's A LOT.

https://jackylina2013.wordpress.com/2016/03/01/magic-attic-club-catalogs/
This page has great images from the catalog, so you can see some of the awesome outfits these girls had. It's a shame I don't like the dolls more, because man, these outfits! If you skim down the page, you can also see the quintet of gorgeous formal dresses on the 2000 catalog. That's the set Rose's dress comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment