Sunday, July 3, 2016

FRIDOLL FIVE #5

Man, I missed Fridoll Five again. In my defense, Friday was an off day for me, because my favorite guinea pig wasn't feeling well and I helped my mom set up her new aquarium. Also, this particular FD5 is a bit intensive. I'm honestly feeling a little bit crazy to be starting it right now when I'm vaguely sleepy, but what the hey, where's the camera?


#5: Moody dolls

Photo Portion

Show us a picture of...
#1: Your happiest doll(s)

A lot of my dolls look happy, but Kitty Cheshire is definitely one of the happiest.



















#2: Your saddest doll(s)

Animator Collection Pocahontas has one of the few sadder faces in my group. If this was plush animals, it would have taken me two seconds and been super easy.

Sad Moodie and Axy




















#3: Your dolls in love (or lust)





















#4: Your biggest doll

Heron, my Dream of Doll DoT Lahoo, is enormous.























#5: Your smallest doll

This one's harder, because what exactly constitutes a doll? Are those tiny Squinkies dolls or figures? Is the Lego a doll because she has a fabric skirt? Or do the clothes have to be completely removable? I just picked a few small ones from around my room and shot them all together.










Text portion

1. Have you ever created a photostory, or series of photos with accompanying dialogue, using your dolls?
-If you have, link to your favorite photostory.
-If you haven't, link to your favorite photostory-by-someone-else.

Oh, I have.
http://veni-vidi-dolli.livejournal.com/2006/06/
All the ones marked Classic TWCT are my oldest picfics. There are a few past that. I can't pick a favorite, because I'd have to reread them all and I don't have time for that.


2. Do you have any dolls that are clearly a couple (or clearly siblings, etc)?

Most people with MH/EAH dolls can say yes to this. With character dolls, it's easy to identify things. Like the O'Hairs are twins. If you know a little canon, it's easier. I have some of my non-canon ones set up in couples, too, like Heath and Twyla and Neighthan and Jane.


3. For customizers: have you ever deliberately customized a doll to have a certain emotion?
For non-customizers: do you pose your dolls to display a certain feeling? (either for display, or for a photostory, or for an avatar)


For picfics, yeah, I used to do that. None of mine on display are really conveying specific feelings, I don't think.


4. Do you like or dislike dolls that are molded to have an expression? (e.g. facemolds with open smiling mouths, face molds with half-lidded sleepy/sultry eyes)

I adore expressions because they add variety to my shelves.


5. Which do you think is more effective in communicating moods: facial expressions, or body language? Does articulation help?

I always used both. I can show disappointment or joy with a doll that's only articulated at the shoulders and hips just as easily as one that's more articulated. Of course articulation helps, but it isn't necessary by any means. Creativity isn't hindered by lack of a wrist joint.

No comments:

Post a Comment