Friday, July 8, 2016

OVERVIEW: Charmin' Farm Friends

I collect a few lines that are so obscure, there's barely any info or pictures to share. One of these is definitely the Charmin' Farm Friends. These were made by Meritus around 1993-1994. Meritus also produced the Darlin' Dinos, who are much more well-known. I'll do an entry on them eventually.

Anyway, CFF are multiple different lines featuring the same characters. The Fuzzimals line is made up of four flocked poseable animal figures. These have hair like My Little Ponies. The pig and sheep just have it on their heads, while the horse and cow have tails, too. But there aren't just four figures. Oh, no. It can't be that easy. Like I said, there aren't many pics of these floating around the internet, but I have seen different color variants. For Patti Jo Skweel, the pig, I have the pink version with a purple earring. There's another that has a yellow earring. There's also a purple Patti Jo with what looks like a green earring. Even though Patti's the only one with photographic proof of color variants, I'm sure the other three have them, too.

The second line is called Barnimals. They're little figures with a curl of brushable hair on their heads. To complicate things once more, there are at least two sets of these and they were sold both in a set of four and individually! These figures are very anthropomorphic. They all wear outfits and have become bipedal. The photos on Ghost of the Doll, which I'll link to at the bottom, have the characters in both sets being the same color. The pig is pink, the horse green, the cow purple. There's only one sheep pictured on the site and she's a lighter pink than the cow. The sheep is in a cute little dress and holding a basket of flowers. The horse is in a bathing suit in one version and formal wear in the other. The cow is a tap dancer and a cheerleader. The pig is a majorette (this one is so cute) and an ice skater. I'm lucky enough to have one of these figures! However, again, we've got color variants rearing their ugly heads. I've also seen a purple version of the sheep.

My tiny collection
  

The third type of CFF I don't have much info on. I can't even actually recall the source of this photo. I have photos to my "Wanted" album, thinking I'll remember all the details and you know how that goes.

Barndazzler?








This version of the horse character is bipedal, not flocked or poseable and without much to speak of for clothing. I just Googled on the off chance there would be something new and there actually was!

Ridiculously small photo.


Here's the sheep and the package definitely says Barndazzlers. Or at least, I assume it does, because that's part of the Google listing. I can't read it when the photo is that tiny. But we've got another standing, non-poseable figure, so it seems like these are the Barndazzlers.

Okay, that about does it for this tiny but extremely frustrating line. If you want to pull your hair out trying to collect something that hardly ever shows up, this is the line for you. Heh.

PHOTO CREDITS: All mine, except the horse Barndazzler, which is a mystery, and the sheep Barndazzler, which is from ebay.

RECOMMENDED SITES:
http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/charminfarmfriends.php


11 comments:

  1. https://www.ebay.com/itm/272687495465

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just saw that this morning, but it's way out of my price range.

      Delete
  2. https://www.ebay.com/itm/272687484811

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, in case you are interested I have these listed on eBay. Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The source of the blue horse Barndazzler photo is here: http://www.mlparena.com/archive/Forums//viewtopic/t=61683/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=15.html

    Also, I /think/ have the sheep barndazzler loose and would be happy to provide you a couple of better photos tomorrow? She's a bit rough, but still nice. The right arm is actually moveable, she has heeled shoes and a gem similar to the horse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks! I'd love to see her.

      Delete
    2. I got your photo links in my inbox, but not here on the page. Weird! But thanks for the pics. She really is charmin'!

      Delete
  5. Yeah I have no idea! I posted early this morning, it was on the charmin farm friends page, then I checked in the afternoon and the post had just vanished? Wanted to wait before re-sending, glad you got them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's bizarre. I have no idea what happened. I checked my comments section to see if I had to approve it or something, but it's just not there.

      Delete
  6. Found the cow and the pig Barndazzler moc on Spanish ebay!

    https://en.todocoleccion.net/modern-dolls/figura-vaquita-farm-friends~x52294729

    https://en.todocoleccion.net/modern-dolls/figura-cerdita-farm-friends~x52294899#&gid=1&pid=1

    ReplyDelete