Thursday, July 14, 2016

OVERVIEW: Disney Attractionistas

Gracey boxed
August 2015 gave us the first four Disney Attractionistas dolls. These dolls are girls who really wanted to be part of the Disney attractions and now they each represent their favorite. 

Each doll is 12" tall and has basic articulation. They come with a nicely-detailed outfit that represents their attraction and a cute pet friend. 

I bought Gracey first, because of obvious reasons. I actually got her from a personal shopper because when these first came out, they were only sold at Disney itself. Well, I have the patience of a gnat, especially when it comes to goth dolls, so I dug up the personal shopper thanks to Google and Gracey arrived on August 5th. 

Gracey and Celeste
Gracey is an amazing doll. She had gelled hair, but I washed it out of the back part of her bob and left it in her bangs, because I like the way they look. Her colors are great and I love her entire outfit. Her bat friend Grimmis awesome, too, my fave of the pets. Oh, and she's the Haunted Mansion. Obviously. 

Six days after Gracey arrived, the Attractionistas were added to the Disney Store site, so I bought the other three that were out. 

Celeste is Space Mountain. She's not as amazingly detailed as Gracey, but she's still my second fave of the first four. I love her dog and you don't often see gray-skinned dolls out there. 

Celeste's full outfit
Maddie is the Mad Tea Party doll. I remember how the Ever After High fans complained when she was first shown, because she looked too much like Madeline Hatter, but really, it's all superficial. Her colors come from the ride and her name is pretty obvious. Maddie is such a common name now that you can't say it's a ripoff of anything and Alice in Wonderland has been told and retold in a zillion different ways. I love the Maddie doll way more than I thought I would, mostly because of her spectacular profile. 

Maddie's gorgeous nose
Although her hat is far too heavy for her to actually wear and her shoes are so small, they can't hold her up while she has it on her head. Literally, her ankles bow. So not the best design of the line, but dangit, that profile is gorgeous. 

Pearl is the Pirates of the Caribbean girl. She has the second most detailed outfit after Gracey, but the materials aren't the best quality, and her hat doesn't like to stay on at all. 

Pearl
After these four were released, there was a lot of speculation about the next two. I mean, there are only so many Disney rides, right? Thankfully, Disney didn't leave us wondering for too long. Carrie and Nellie became available in November. 

Carrie
Carrie represents the Fantasyland Carousel. She looks like a human Abbey from Monster High, which I love. She has an enormous Minx-of-the-Stingers-level-huge hat that I don't have in this photograph. I had to choose between the hat close up and the full outfit shot and her outfit is beautiful, so I went with that. Carrie is really awesome and I think she's very underappreciated. 

Nellie
Nellie is the Jungle Cruise and boy, she looks it. She's oddly green, but I'm not complaining, because she looks great. 

I think these girls are sadly underrated as a whole, likely because they don't have articulation and blah blah I can't take a photo without a bending elbow whatever. I think they're very creative and a bit outside the box for Disney. The sculpts are lovely and I wish they'd find a way to use them again. 

If you want to add some Attractionistas to your collection, the Disney Store still has Gracey, Pearl, Maddie and Carrie. But if you look on ebay, you can get them Prime-shipped for even cheaper. 

PHOTO CREDITS: All mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment