Thursday, June 9, 2016

OVERVIEW: Mooshka

Tots Karia
"One day, a group of paper doll friends joined hands and through the power of friendship, they sprung into sweet, huggable girls!"

That's the story behind the Mooshka dolls. They debuted in July 2013 with three lines: the regular-sized girls, the smaller Tots and the singing dolls. They came in lovely gift box packaging and the non-singing dolls had little matryoshka-style fabric finger puppets.

The dolls have velcro on their hands so they can all join hands easily. They're soft fabric in all sorts of prints and there's just something very appealing about their colors and sweet faces.
Dasha from the original regular-sized line

I found the Tots one day at Toys R Us and Karia came home with me. I hadn't seen any of the regular girls anywhere, so I think I ordered Dasha online.
Mermaid Sonia
Mooshka are a line like Lalaloopsy, which is also done by MGAE, that I always mean to buy more of and then never get them when they're on the shelves, even on sale. I wanted more than just one of the regular-sized line, but only ever got Dasha.

Then the Mooshkas branched into Fairytales and I forgot about the regular-style dolls and wanted those. They also expanded into small poseable figurines. I bought Fairy Taria from the figures and Mermaid Sonia from the plush doll line. After the lines were off the shelves mostly, I was able to pick up Fairy Taria and Princess Palia from the plush line.
Fairy Taria

The last Mooshka I bought in a store was from the Flowerina line. The Flowerinas were flower fairy ballerinas with extra long legs and pretty wings.

Princess Palia
I quickly fell for Flowerina Pippy, who had a poppy theme, because she reminded me of my favorite of Cicely Mary Barker's Flower Fairies, the Poppy Fairy. Poppy is a ridiculously hard to find Hornby Flower Fairy doll, so I dubbed my Pippy plush "Poppy" and that was that. Poppy is still my favorite from the entire line.
Flowerina Pippy



I ordered Princess Palia on clearance from Target and Fairy Taria was an Amazon Warehouse find along with Flowerina Blossom. For some reason, Pippy and Blossom are extremely easy to find, but the other two Flowerinas, Glory and Petal, are not.

Flowerina Blossom















There were more fairytale lines with existing characters dressing up as fairytale characters like Red Riding Hood and Alice in Wonderland. There was also a line of animals in both plush and figurine form.

All in all, Mooshka was a very cute line, something definitely different, and I regret not buying more of them when I had the chance. I might pick up some more on ebay someday. I'd love the other two Flowerinas and i'm absolutely kicking myself for not ordering Jemma when she came out.

PHOTO CREDITS: All mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment