Friday, June 17, 2016

Who Should I Get?

Emerson, Camille, Kendall, Willa and Ashlyn
The Wellie Wishers are coming! I got an email today telling me a little about them. AG is being very tight-lipped on specifics. They won't discuss price points or answer people's questions about the dolls, saying we'll get all the info next Thursday.

For what it's worth, I can give a couple educated guesses in answer to the two main questions I've seen other than price point.

1) The bodies will be all vinyl, not partially cloth like AG. The necklines on Emerson and Willa are pretty low and we'd see fabric if they were using fabric torsos.

2) Those are wigs. I've never seen a rooted partline that looked like Camille's, plus Emerson's hair doesn't sit like rooted hair does when it's in pigtails. Kendall's hairline doesn't look rooted either.

The newer pics of these girls have them looking even cuter than before. I think I'll have enough to spring for one doll next week when they debut, but I'm torn between three! I ruled out Kendall, because I really don't like her outfit, and Camille, even though I like her a lot. My mom loves Willa, but even though I think she's the best full package of adorable doll plus adorable outfit, I'm more drawn to Emerson and Ashlyn. I didn't care so much for Ashlyn before, but these new pics of her are just darling. I don't like the tiara or boot changes they seem to have made, but I'd be redressing her eventually anyway. She, Emerson and Kendall are destined for better clothes. I have no idea who I'm going to order though! Which one would you pick?

Check out this article for more great pics:
http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/childrens-products/toy-reviews/news/a38990/american-girl-new-dolls/

1 comment:

  1. Willa looks awesome! Wish shops would sell them in Germany. :)

    ReplyDelete