Tuesday, June 28, 2016

MONTH IN REVIEW: June 2016

Shoppies Sara Sushi
Well, it's the 28th, but I'm only expecting one more item to arrive and that's Wellie Wishers Ashlyn. She'll get my first longer review for this blog, so I figured I'd do my Month in Review now.

June began nicely with the newest Shoppies being sighted in Target. Thanks to the magic of Brickseek, I saw some were at mine and my mom zipped over there and brought both Sara Sushi and Rainbow Kate home. I have yet to see Sara again. She's far more popular than I would have thought, but perhaps that's with adult collectors. The last time I was at Target (last night), they had four Kates, so she's a bit more of a shelf-sitter. At least in my one store that I know has them. I honestly haven't been to Walmart or TRU in a bit.
Disney Descendants Ally

I got two Alice in Wonderland-inspired dolls the first week of June. Once Upon a Zombie Alice and Disney Descendants Ally, daughter of Alice. I've already covered OUaZ, so I won't mention Alice here, except to say that the company did finally send me a replacement doll, after having to remind them two weeks later. Sigh. Not impressed. She's got better inset eyes and lipstick, but now her eyeshadow is screwy. It's sad that the outfit quality went up and the makeup quality went way down. Whoops. Guess I mentioned it after all. Ally though is not a disappointment in the least. She and both Freddies are my favorite Descendants female dolls. (Carlos is my fave boy. I'll do an overview on Descendants after Neon Lights comes out.)

Moshi Monsters Roxy and Cleo
Thanks to Tuesday Morning, I had a brief fling with Moshi Monsters, and picked up the Barbie City Shine redhead I'd been wanting for awhile. Now I just need the brunette. My Moshi fling may rear its head again if the farther Tuesday Morning has more packs, but who knows when I'll make it out there?

No, I still haven't deboxed these.





In Ever After High land, I finally found Fairest on Ice Ashlynn and Poppy, because I finally made it to the farther Walmart I hardly ever go to.

Ever After High Nina Thumbell










And Nina Thumbell arrived. I ordered her on June 5th, fully expecting Jillian and Meeshell to quickly follow. I'm laughing now because I even said in my Month in Review for May that I was sure I'd be showing all 3 in this Month in Review. Nope. For some insane reason, Jillian and Meeshell STILL are not out. I'm not really happy about that, which is probably the other EAH dolls are still sitting boxed.

MH Minis! 
MH is doing better at pleasing me though. I got the other minis I needed to complete my initial set at the same Walmart where I found the FoI dolls mentioned above. They are so super cute and I love them. I hope the other original ghouls ones come out soon, because I need Twyla and Toralei and Jinafire and Robecca and Skelita. And Deuce, too, I guess. Heh.

Amazon has been releasing several of the new face MH dolls and I've picked up basic Cleo with the unarticulated elbows and wrists, plus Ghoul's Beast Pet Cleo and Lagoona, and the Moanica/Draculaura 2-pack.

The gorgeous Moanica.
Moanica is really gorgeous and I love her expression so much. Both Lagoona and Draculaura definitely benefit from their sweeter new faces, too. While I like the vampy original style, some of the characters are so nice and friendly that these newer faces fit them better. Cleo is cute, too, with her dewy-eyed loveliness. I love all Cleos though with both faces.

The newest Frightmares also debuted and I was surprised to find that I loved Merry more than Meadow, the yeti deer.
Frightmares Merry Trotabout


My plushie collection expanded to include the Alley Cat Club, which I wrote about here, and some new Kooties and Koogles.

Two new Charlie Bears were also added to my collection. One of my pre-orders for this year's bears finally came in, only for me to dislike the changes from prototype to final, so I cancelled that one and ended up with Chequers instead. Then I got a killer deal on Luna for only $29.99 on ebay.

Charlie Bears Chequers



All the ones I had on pre-order are now out in the UK, so I'm praying they come gradually over here, not all in one swoop. I'm waiting on two ferrets and three bears! I'd have to set up a layaway for sure, although the way things are going, maybe I'll get one in the next batch. My orders have been delayed for no reason several times. The bunny that was released early on didn't make it to my stockist at the same time as other people got her and one of the bears has been in stock from another US stockist for months, while he seems to only just be getting a release in the UK. It's weird. But I'm never pre-ordering again! Wondering when they'll all come in and not being able to figure out why the ones that seem available elsewhere aren't here yet is too much stress.

Charlie Bears Luna

I do hope Pumpkin Pie jumps ahead of the game and is in the next batch though. I'm dying to get my hands on her.

Today's mail brought me Mary-Go-Round, the Series 6 Limited Edition Zelf. She's an amazing centaur with a brushable pony-style tail, not the typical Zelf hair. I've been able to get all the LEs thanks to combined help from 2 of my UK pals (one helped with earlier releases, a different friend is helping with the later ones, both are awesome people). I still need 4 more Crystal Wishes and 3 more larges and then I'm done!

Zelfs Limited Edition Mary-Go-Round






And finally, I discovered a new line of small cute things last night. Small cute things are one of my weaknesses. They're by Moose Toys, maker of Zelfs and Shopkins. They're totally the gurus of small cute things. These are called Twozies and they're little babies wearing animal hats and then smaller pet figures of the animals represented by said hats. I already have 32 of them.

Twozies!
Well, okay, technically, I have 32 that I bought in the past two days at Target (2 12-packs, 4 2-packs) plus another 11 that I bought on ebay when I realized the 4 I want most (the octopi) aren't out yet. So with those ebay ones, I just got all the ones I want from Series 1, except the two octopus babies and 2 octopus pets. So I'll stop buying the packs except on the occasional whim until the octopi come out. They are really adorable though. They come in multiple types of pack, but there's a blind bag element to every one and there are rare metallic ones that people are already asking hundreds of dollars for on ebay. Yeesh.

So that's June! I'm not going to jinx myself by saying I'll have anyone in time for July's review. Not this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment