Friday, June 3, 2016

FRIDOLL FIVE #1

So years ago, these used to be a thing amongst the doll people on Livejournal. I did them all way back then, but I figured they'd be fun to resurrect now. So every Friday, I'll be doing a new set of five.

Some of the questions may be a little obsolete. We'll deal with that as we get through them. They are really that old.


#1: What's in Your Pants?


1. Have you ever sewn an outfit for your own doll? By hand, or by machine?

Nope! I am horrible at sewing.


2. Do you prefer hand-sewn outfits, or store-bought outfits? Why?

I honestly do not buy many fashions for my dolls anymore. I used to change their clothes a lot, especially my Pullips and Mattel Winx, but I stopped doing that when I stopped doing so many picfics. I'm going to say store-bought, because they're generally cheaper, but I have some very awesome handmade ones. I just would rather spend that kind of money on a new doll than an outfit. That's why my poor Jossie doll is still shoeless. Buying her the shoes I want would be the same cost as a new playline doll. And not a budget one either!


3. Do you prefer your male or female dolls to wear underwear? Why or why not?

I have had a thing about underwear since I was young. If I wear them, shouldn't my dolls? Stockings and pants are not substitutes for panties! I love when doll lines have gorgeous underwear sets like Hi-Glamm and Maxie, but I simply have too many dolls to make them a priority now. Although most playline dolls now come with either painted or molded panties.


4. If you had the opportunity/luxury to do so, would you coordinate your dolls' underwear to go with the outfit? (in terms of color, historical accuracy, how nice it looks as a whole)

Yes! That would be fun.


5. What do you think about dolls with painted-on or molded-on underwear?

It saves me a lot of trouble, so I'm in favor of it. I prefer painted to molded, since with molded, it still looks like they're flashing you if you get an upskirt shot. With painted, there are obviously panties there.

No comments:

Post a Comment