Wednesday, June 15, 2016

RANKING: Hearts For Hearts Girls

#12: Nyesha
One thing I've done over the years is rank my dolls in order from least fave to most fave. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's next to impossible. It's a thing I tend to do late at night when I'm not quite sleepy yet or I just need to zone out and focus on something fun and not the serious crap that's going on in the world today.

So I figured I'd rank my HFHG, since I've already introduced you all to them and there are only 12, which is much easier than when I did this with Zelfs or Monster High.

Anyway, let me first say that this line is my baby and I love every one of these girls a lot more than...oh, the majority of my other dolls. So none of them in any way is a doll I dislike and #12 is still loved far more than the majority of my collection, which is kinda saying a lot.
#11: Zelia

#12: Nyesha. Nyesha comes in at #12 for three reasons. First, her shirt is not two pieces. It's one piece designed to look like two. They'd never done this before on a HFHG and I was not pleased when I discovered it. I'm also not a huge fan of all the clashing patterns and colors, so that's the second reason. The third is her darker eyeshadow. It's very dominant and neither other doll with this mold has shadow this dark. I do love this doll though. I love all of these and this ranking was based on some serious nitpicking.

#11: Zelia. Zelia has been the hardest girl for me to bond with. She shares Nahji's facemold, which is the one with the most obvious different-shaped eye holes that make her eyes look wonky, when it's just that they're set in two different-shaped spaces. She almost made the #12 spot, but I really love her outfit, her hair is a beautiful color and dangit, she's just tried so hard all these years to make me love her.
#10: Nahji

#10: Nahji. Nahji's in the tenth spot for the same reason I just mentioned for Zelia: the mold that makes her eyes look messed up. She squeaked the higher spot, because she works the mold better, she's one of my only Indian dolls, and she's got that adorable nose pierce. Major kudos to Playmates for getting not only one but two dolls of young girls with nose piercings into this line. Nahji's outfits are also just lovely. I adore this fashion pack she's wearing here.









#9: Consuelo


#9: Consuelo. Consuelo is beautiful. I think her headmold is actually the most beautiful of the entire line. The problem is that Mosi also uses it and (spoiler!) she's my favorite, so everyone else with the mold suffers by comparison because I love Mosi that much. Consuelo has gorgeous hair though. It's so soft and silky. And her outfits are as gorgeous as she is with bright colors and fabulous details.









#8: Tipi

#8: Tipi. Tipi and Dell were my first two HFHG. I was convinced Tipi would be my favorite of those initial six, but Dell kinda took over and then Lilian and Rahel. Sorry, Tipi. Tipi's outfits are way cute. My one Paola Reina doll is wearing her stock outfit with the green top and capris. I'm still in awe that someone made a Laotian doll, too. Tipi is wonderful.









#7: Shola



#7: Shola. Shola and her amazing eyes. Shola shares Lilian's headmold, which is very unique and...I dunno...kind of odd? It's more evident on Lilian than Shola, but the headmold combined with Shola's eyecolor and those wild eyebrows gives her the most piercing incredible stare. She has a gorgeous outfit, too, although I did have to change the inaccurate shoes out, but thankfully,I had Lilian's boots handy and they work just fine.







#6: Rahel


#6: Rahel. Rahel's hair rocks. She's so beautiful. I love her school outfit fashion pack, too. She's been in that same outfit since I got it. This admittedly was the first time HFHG did the two shirts are actually one shirt thing, but for some reason, it doesn't bother me so much when it's a faux shirt under a blazer. It's when the underneath shirt is a completely faux front and everything fastens in the back. That's annoying.









#5: Lauryce


#5: Lauryce. This girl is stunning. That HAIR. I yanked her headband right off, because that hair is not meant to be confined! Lauryce was the first to use the piercing hazel eyes that Shola and Surjan would later have. My only nitpick with Lauryce aside from the headband is her outfit. It's very cute and I love the colors, but the US girls did not fare well with the clothes. Nyesha, Lauryce, Dell, their outfits are so boring compared to the other girls'! Mosi's the only one that I feel got a really strong outfit. This little dress is darling, but compare it to Shola's or Lilian's or Nahji's and it doesn't hold up as well. Lauryce is so lovely though that she can work anything.



#4: Lilian




#4: Lilian. I did not expect to like Lilian as much as I do. As I've said before, I rarely like the blondes, but Lilian has this unusual face and her outfit! I'm a sucker for red, black and white and the pants, shirt and vest and the little headband and the black slippers...she's got the best outfit of the line. Like hands down. Look at the detail here and look up at Lauryce and you'll see what I'm talking about when I say some girls got the short end of the stick. Lilian is one of the dolls I would recommend the highest as the full package, not like "Well, the doll is gorgeous, but get her fashion pack because her stock is kinda lame." *cough*Dell*cough*





#3: Surjan

#3: Surjan. This girl, oh, my dolly gods. She is so spectacular. I'm running out of adjectives. Gorgeous, lovely, beautiful, stunning, all of them. She shares Tipi's mold and Tipi is adorable, but Surjan is flat out beautiful. Excellent outfit in lovely colors, great hair, and the cute nose ring to boot. I adore her. I'm not sure my pictures convey how gorgeous she really is, because she's looking a little starey here, but trust me, she's perfect in person.








#2: Dell


#2: Dell. Dell is my sneaky little cutie pie. I don't even remember what provoked me to ask for her along with Tipi when I got my first two. (I had help from a friend to get both of them plus Lilian and Consuelo later on.) It might have been her promo pics. I just knew there was something special about this sassy thing and I was right. She surpassed Tipi as favorite the first day I opened them and the only one who could even nip at her heels was Lilian. Poor Dell's stock is not cute though. I mean, it's okay, but this fashion pack clogging dress, now this is adorable.






#1: Mosi

And finally #1, my baby Mosi. So beautiful, so perfect. If you forced me to do a Top 10 of my entire collection, believe you me, this girl would be on it. She's stood by my laptop ever since I got her and I smile at her multiple times a day. I'm going to go hug her right now.

I hope you've had fun following me through my ranking. Again, I really do love these girls and I still get angry when people reject dolls due to lack of articulation or some such thing, because it's that type of nonsense that killed this brilliant, well-designed, incredibly diverse, affordable line. So even though these go from 1-12, they're still very highly-ranked overall in my collection.

PHOTO CREDITS: All mine.

2 comments:

  1. I was scoping out Wellie Wishers info on the American Girl Collectors board and someone mentioned that the H4H website says it's under construction with a grand opening in 2016. Is it possible they are coming back?!?!

    http://playmatestoys.com/brands/hearts-for-hearts-girls/looking-for-hearts-for-hearts-girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, THAT WOULD BE AMAZING! I hope I hope I hope!

      Delete