Wednesday, July 20, 2022

REVIEW: Shadow High Neon Shadow Uma Vanhoose




Uma arrived with her hair all a mess. I had to hope she was decent under there. 

All of Uma's pieces.

Stand, comb, hangers, guitar case, guitar.

Jacket, tank top, skirt, sandals. 

White mesh tee, sequined blue top, plaid pants, heels. 

Two bracelets. Lock and key earrings. 

Hat.


Uma is interesting. She's my least favorite of the three because she's not cohesive like the other two. It's probably not visible in my pictures but she is more purple than blue. Her hair is entirely purple in mixed shades. There's no blue in there. Her skin is pale blue and she has pale blue eye makeup. The pink lips really should have been the same color as these shoes here. 

Her outfits are also a mix. The plaid skirt here is entirely purple except for some stitching. 

Both pairs of shoes use a color I'm calling a light indigo. It reminds me of vintage Indigo from Rainbow Brite. 

The white tank is her most boring piece. Not a fan. I love the skirt but it is reeeeeally short! Her painted underwear show if you don't get it to sit just right. 

I love the shape of the heels but they're ruined with branding.



The sequined top is a nice, bright, deep blue. 

The plaid pants have a bit of blue in them but a lot of purple, too. 

The sandals seem a bit much with the pants, but I love both pieces, so they're staying together. 



I adore this jacket but it's not the best fit. I hate the belt dangling but it looks worse closed. 





So I yanked the belt off. 

I got impatient with Uma, so I didn't do much outfit switching. I left the white mesh off entirely but you can see it in her boxed pic. If you've been reading my RH reviews long enough, you'll know I don't care for tees under tanks much. The skirt probably would have looked cute with the sequined top, but I really wanted the pants on her.


Don't take my nitpicking the wrong way. I think Uma is really beautiful. She's just such a mix of colors that she doesn't quite go with Harley and Mara, who pair their theme color with neutrals, while Uma seems to have multiple theme colors. 

I love her bracelets. I wish Harley and Mara had more jewelry. 


There we go. Final look. I do like her hat, but I also like seeing her baby hairs. 

Her hair is really nice. It just needed the gel washed out. 

She's my least fave of the trio but I still like her a lot. 

(Can anyone tell me what her name has to do with a color though? Are there any ties?)


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. Alright, bear with my while I ramble. According to behindthename.com, Uma means "flax" in sanskrit. Flax isa flowering plant, and so happens to have blue/bluish-purple flowers. There are some on Wikipedia (I'd post them, but I don't seem to be able to). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, maybe that's it. I mean, it's a pretty good reach when there are so many available names for blue and purple, but at least it's something.

      Delete