Wednesday, July 27, 2022

NEWS: Rainbow/Shadow High

Time to catch up on discussing leaks without posting pics. 

I think everything we've seen has been Shadow High. 

First, there was art for two of the SH costume ball dolls. One is a vampire, the other is wearing fur and has an ear headband. Then we got some crappy pics of the dolls. Still no names but I'll offer my thoughts without them. 

Pink pointy ears: This one is a light pink doll with curly darker pink hair. She has really neat makeup and I like the hair. She's also got the long fake nails that the Storm twins do. Her outfit sucks though. She's wearing a completely normal pink outfit with fur accents. The only way she has any sort of costume on is that she has a set of black pointy ears on a headband. I've seen people applauding this because of Mean Girls, but they apparently missed the entire point of that joke in the movie, which was that ears aren't costumes at all. Besides, her outfit isn't even skimpy. I actually would have preferred an outfit like what the Plastics wore because then it would actually represent the joke, even if it was a weak ass excuse for a costume in a costume ball line. I think she's a pretty doll but she's definitely weak when it comes to the costume aspect. And people are calling her a werewolf when she looks more like a cat to me. Those ears just do not give me wolf at all. What she reminds me of is the Bratzillaz. Don't get me wrong, I love the Zillaz, but they weren't exactly strong spooky rep. I like her and I will buy her but she's not as special as some people are making her out to be. 

Elissalaura: Yeah, I said it. I've seen people try to say that this doll doesn't look like an MH character and "it's not like MH invented vampires" but COME ON. She appears to have light pink skin. The lighting on these leaks is terrible but the art definitely looks the same skintone for both the vampire and pink ears, so I'm assuming she's light pink. She has dark hair in pigtails. Her hair appears purple. She's a vampire. So she's copying the MH light pink vampire thing. She has pigtails like Draculaura but more in Elissabat's color. Seriously, if they weren't going for a comparison, they could have made her literally any other color and ditched the pigtails. As for the doll herself, she's very pretty. I love how they did all her makeup and I always love goth bangs. Her outfit is neat, though a bit simple. I like her a lot but original she isn't. 

Then we've got a second new Shadow High line. This one is confusing. It's all new characters but it isn't marked Series 2 and the dolls only come with a single outfit. (And they had damn well better be a LOT cheaper.) The little emblem that says Series 1 or 2 or whatever is a picture of a lock. Are they secret releases? Hmm. I love all these though! 

Reina "Glitch" Crowne: Glitch is getting a doll! I need to get off my butt and continue my commentary on the RH show because I am severely behind and I'd love to get to the current stuff. Glitch is awesome though and I was hoping she'd get a doll. The outfit looks great and her face is beautiful. My only complaint is that I'm pretty sure she lost the cool details in her ponytail. 

Karla Choupette: A Karl Lagerfeld tribute. I hate Chanel but the doll is stunning. I don't know what the fashion name for the detached pant leg things she has on is but I love them. She's a little bit what if Bella went to SH but in a good way because she's way cooler than Bella. 

Dia Mante: I love that name. She appears to be a dark purple with a white outfit and...AT LAST...a white bob haircut! I've been waiting forever for a bob. I'm not big on her outfit which looks very basic compared to Karla's in particular, but she's a neat-looking doll. 

The blind box accessory things are out. There's a listing for one of the Series 2 RH Junior High dolls. No idea which character. Release date is August 15th. We'll see if that changes. We'll also see if any of these other release dates change because Amazon has a lot of MGAE product that comes out on the 1st!

8 comments:

  1. Ellisalaura, love that name. Like, she's cute but people denying she's not based on MH at least a little (While in the same breath trying to say the new Draculaura is ripping off Cloetta) are... extremely biased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I hadn't heard that bit of idiocy. Like yeah, they have the same hair, but Laura always had black and pink so just switching how the pink is laid out is something you could easily do without any outside influence. However, making a pale pink vampire with dark pigtails is less so.

      Hmm, I wonder who the first doll or character to do half and half hair was. That would probably be hard to research.

      Delete
  2. Huh, now I'm curious as well. But yeah, pretty hard to research. Especially with all the customs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karl Lagerfeld was an assh*le, yeah. Sometimes he was funny, I never new if the things he was saying were meant to be jokes or not. But he did have an iconic look. I wish they had went with the black suit instead of the powder pink but its still great.
    Love the name of the car reference lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't know anything about him. I only know high end fashion brands by name and the little bit I've picked up from various sources over the years. I just have that thing against Chanel. If they'd only changed names after others took over from her, I wouldn't hate it so much, but I'm not into riding Nazi coattails. If I'm correct, he also had his own brand, but still there was that Chanel connection.

      I do like the cat name thing though!

      Delete
    2. Well, he seemed to have disliked Coco Chanel too, he claimed "What I've done, Coco Chanel would have never done. She would have hated it."
      Although he also have said this about short men:
      "The worst is short men. Women can be short, but for men it is impossible. It is something that they will not forgive in life - to be born short. I have never been friends with a short man in my life. Don't trust them; they are mean, and they want to kill you." so yeah he was something..

      Delete
    3. I mean, dislike or not, he still worked for a company named after a Nazi, using her reputation. He seems to have been quite the controversial person! I love the doll, so I'll be buying her and avoiding thinking about any connections.

      Delete