Monday, July 11, 2022

REVIEW: ICY Fortune Days


Here's something a little different. I search Amazon a lot looking for new items. In my usual search, I see a ton of BJDs. They don't usually catch my eye because I feel like a had my BJD phase and now I'm suuuuuuuper picky about them. I would not get another resin BJD unless I somehow learned the Glory Angels or Rosette School were rereleasing some of their older designs. (Oh, Spring Violet, I regret not buying you!) Vinyl BJDs though? That's perfectly okay. 

So I saw this little cutie in my search and I was immediately drawn in. The company name is ICY Fortune Days and they carry a variety of dolls. Some look like knockoff J-Dolls and come in constellation and tarot series. Others are BJDs as big as two feet tall. But they also have several sets of these smaller dolls with these big-eyed, somber, sweet faces. 




This exact one is called White Phoenix. She was the first one I ordered, but then I quickly cancelled the order. Why? Because I had put a second one I liked on my Amazon wishlist and I saw she had a $17 coupon! I cancelled the White Phoenix order and then ordered her again, as well as a separate order for the second style I liked. So these cost me $28 each. They're well worth it. 



I'll be showing you three of these dolls, but all of them have complex outfits, so I don't have any photos of just the body. Some of the Amazon listings show it though, if you're interested. There are a lot of points of articulation and they pose very nicely. Not that I did any sort of experimenting with posing while taking these pics. My usual photo spot is blocked because I'm rearranging bookcases. 

The hair is rooted and quite soft. 

Eyes are inset. I was worried I might deal with some wonk but all three dolls are okay. 


 




She has these great pants under the robe.

Love the shoes. 

My only real complaint about her is that I wish the feather was shorter, but I knew what I was getting into. She looks exactly like the photos in the listing. 




This is my second choice. Her name is Silan. I like her more warrior-type outfit, though the sparkly material makes it look a bit cheaper than White Phoenix's. 

Love all the colors. 

She has long silky black hair. 




I was really worried about her having wonk! Whew. 

I love the faces. They remind me of one of my earliest BJDs. 





From the side. 

Lovely. 







My first two girls together. 





I looked through all their listings and found this girl. I had to order her, too, even though there was no coupon. 

This one is called Night Angel (or rather, Night Angle). She's from a different series than my other two, who seem to be from the newest set of designs. 




Her dark brown eyes and awesome hair won me over right away. 





That headdress is never coming off. It's attached to the top of her head, though I didn't examine how. I just know it would never go back in place right. 






Adorable bloomers and she has nice shiny red shoes. 







This outfit has several layers!






And her hair is white, really light blue, and...whatever you want to call the pinky-red shade. Raspberry? Wine? Something like that. 







Here's a size comparison to help you visualize. 



And here are all three. I love them a lot! Definitely worth the regular price even, I'd say. If you like the look of BJDs but want something much more affordable, give one of these a try. I'll definitely be watching for future dolls. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine. 

1 comment:

  1. They are sooo pretty! Love their faces! The outfits not so much lol. I hope other fashions fit them

    ReplyDelete