Thursday, March 10, 2022

REVIEW: Ruby Red Fashion Friends Elena

I am incredibly lucky to have this doll! Elena was an exclusive to a Russian dealer. She was supposed to be an LE of 150. I had a pre-order for her, but then that was cancelled because "the company decided to produce fewer dolls than they said." So I have no idea how many Elenas were actually made. All I know is I was very unhappy to be left out of something I had thought I secured. 

Ages later, several collectors who bought her said their dolls were very late in arriving, possibly lost in customs. No one had any answers. One got a doll sent to her directly by the company, which made me wonder why they shorted the dealer if they had extras on hand at their HQ. I'll never know what actually happened with the production of this doll but it's really weird. That collector ended up having her original order arrive and I offered to buy the extra if she chose to sell. Thankfully, she generously did, so now we each have an Elena, something I thought I'd never own. (Thanks again if you're reading this!)


 


It's very obvious to see why Elena would be a doll I'd really want. 

She's got a little more edge than your typical RRFF. She also has the Daisy headmold, which I didn't have yet. 




Mine is #90. Maybe they made 100?




Elena's outfit has the typical RRFF level of detail and quality. 



There's a strapless plaid dress, a leather jacket, lacy socks, black combat boots, a red headband with a bow, and a red leather backpack. 




She's darling!






Daisy is the most somber RRFF mold, but she wears it very well. I like that they vary the faces.




I love her pale, translucent skin and those bright green eyes. Her wig is very nice, too. And of course the freckles. 




With her jacket on. 






With it zipped. 



I prefer it unzipped. I love the cut of the dress and I want it to show. 


I love the backpack, but I'm leaving it in her box. 




So cute!



Elena gets to sit with the bears, alongside Elinda. These two and Fernanda are by far my favorite RRFFs. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment