Thursday, March 24, 2022

REVIEW: Little Witch Rune "Evil Eye"



A friend posted pics of his new Rune dolls and I fell in love with her. I could only afford one, so I picked this one with the outfit I liked better, even though I preferred the hair on the other. 

Rune is limited to 200 pieces of each design and costs $115. I'd love to get the second one, but I can't just yet. 






Back (of the box) story. 


I only have one criticism of this doll and that is how she was packaged. Her hair has a permanent crease in it because she had a twist tie around her neck (and another at her ankles). I hate when packaging damages dolls. I'm used to it with playline, but this is a designer art doll and I feel like she should be packaged with more care. Maybe put her hair in a little hairnet and use the waist for her second tie-down spot instead of her neck?





Here she is fresh from the box. 

She's about the same height as the Monster High younger body.



The hair crease isn't the worst but I still think it could have been avoided. 

I love her outfit! 

I don't have a body pic, because I didn't want to untie her shoes. She's got basic articulation (neck, shoulders, hips). 




I love her face so much! That's the entire reason I caved and bought one. 




I hate the partially pulled back tiny bit of hair style so I yanked the plastic band out. Her hair fluffs out nicely, though it's definitely rooted to be brushed back away from her face. 




We'll see what we can do about those creases, Rune. (She's in the salon right now, but I'm scared to boil treat her.)




And one last shot. She's a cute addition to my collection. I wish I had more money to support artist dolls like her! 



PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. I really love her too and just purchased one myself although she hasn't arrived yet. I'd definitely be interested to know how you got on getting the crease out of her hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just rinse the hair in water and then lather on some conditioner and let her sit for a while before rinsing out and air-drying. It didn't completely get rid of the crease, but it's improved.

      Delete