Saturday, March 26, 2022

REVIEW: Creatures of Cottonwood Art Plush


Something a little bit different for tonight. I occasionally buy art plush on etsy or from the artists' storefronts. I had my eye on one of this artist's creations before, but ultimately decided he was too big. I follow them on Facebook and when they posted their newest pieces, I fell for this guy's cute little face. 

He is a slothkey, so sloth + monkey obviously. 



He's about 9" tall seated, as described on his item page. 


He's poseable! I'm not crafty enough to know exactly how this was done. When I read poseable in the listing, I figured wires, but he feels so sturdy, I think he must be some sort of armature with plush over it? The combination is perfect because he's wonderfully poseable but doesn't lose any of his cuddliness. Obviously, you have to watch out for the nails, but the poseability of the body doesn't affect the cuddly level.



Super cuuuuuuuuuuute! 


I would definitely buy from this shop again. 



I've named him Eis (German for "ice"). He looks like he'd be good friends with Abbey Bominable. 


I'm so happy I splurged on him!


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.





If you're interested in adopting a slothkey like Eis or another wonderful, whimsical creature, please visit: 

https://creaturesofcottonwood.com/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SassafrassCreatures?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1140652843

The storefront is newer and has lower prices than the etsy shop. (The artist recently changed their name from Sassafrass Creatures to Creatures of Cottonwood.)

No comments:

Post a Comment