Wednesday, March 16, 2022

NEWS: Shadow High

 



The Shadow High Instagram finally showed a picture of the entire line. 

NATASHA is the all white girl. To me, she looks like a Marie Antoinette ghost cosplay with that face. 

HEATHER has the half and half hair. She's hands down my favorite so far. I love black and white hair split like that. Her outfits are very old school Bratz and I LOVE the shoes she has on here. My only complaint is that she's using safety pins AGAIN. Stop it, MGAE. Find a new motif for spooky girl. 

ASH is the cute boy. Definitely the best boy hands down. 

NICOLE is the sporty, curly pigtailed one. She's adorable. I love these sock boot things. 

LUNA is the Shadow High version of Sunny. Seriously, Sunny's gonna be like "Oh, I didn't mention my evil twin? Shrug emoji." I've seen a list of last names, though I'm not considering it official because the official account only posted first names, but Luna's last name there was Madison. She's my second fave after Heather with Nicole in third, but I could see those two flip-flopping.  

SHANELLE is the final girl. I HATE things named after Chanel. And this is so close to Shellnelle from Mermaze. Ugh. Get creative, MGAE. Stop naming dolls after a Nazi. I like the doll but I hate the name and wish they'd learn better. 

Overall, very impressed with these designs. I love grayscale and monochromatic stuff. Can't wait to see how they look in person!

9 comments:

  1. I didn't know until I read this blog that Coco Chanel was a Nazi. Yikes! I don't like that name anymore either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people don't but plenty of info has come out to support that fact, so sadly it's very true. The brand itself has acknowledged her behavior and said the actions of their founder in no way represent what they are today, but they've also not been more openly apologetic about it or open about the history involved, choosing instead to only focus on the fashion aspect and I guess hoping everyone forgets what she did. That's not okay by me. I also really wish doll companies would look into this history and stop naming characters, especially non-white characters, after a Nazi.

      Delete
    2. I 100% agree. I did some reading about her this afternoon. It seems like they had a lot of evidence she was a Nazi. It looks like her friend Churchill helped her avoid legal consequences.

      Delete
  2. Oh! So the "gimmick" is that they are grayscale? That is interesting! Although I can see it getting tired quickly.
    I love the boy, he seems to have a new facesculpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if this will be a one-off line or not. I'd love to see some more designs, especially because once again they've failed at hair diversity.

      Delete
    2. This is a full spin off line, with a Series 2 line in the works for fall.

      Delete
    3. I did see that the other day. I'm hoping for a more diverse Series 2 but I honestly don't know how long they can go along with this as a concept. I feel like it's going to get old fast. I would love to see boys in the white and black spots in Series 2 though.

      Delete
  3. Aw. This gives me a throwback memory of the original sdcc ghoul Frankie, which I sold off YEARS ago. I'm glad I still have the Skull Island one.
    But, back to the SH, I like the way they positioned the dolls from lightest to darkest. It's a cool vibe. I'm not a 100 parents are going to be much into this, but I like this fun line.
    I haven't been up to date with the show, do they mention this school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They haven't mentioned Shadow High yet, but one of the upcoming playsets has Ainsley transferring there, so that should be interesting.

      I really have no idea how these are going to do with the target market, but the adult collectors seem into them. I know I am.

      Delete