Saturday, March 26, 2022

REVIEW: American Girl Truly Me Street Chic #92

 

When I saw the newest AG Truly Me doll, I knew she'd be coming home. The only Classic mold dolls I have are historical, so I was actually glad she wasn't another Josefina mold, even though I obviously think that mold is gorgeous. 


I was surprised to see she was lighter than I expected. I'm not a good judge of AG skintones. "Tan Skin with Warm Neutral Undertones" doesn't mean anything to me. But she definitely looked a couple shades darker in the pics. 



Actually, looking at the skintone chart on the AG site, now I'm really confused. This doll is supposed to be skintone #25, while Illary (Truly Me #89) is skintone #20. So Illary's supposed to be lighter than this girl, but she is definitely not. This girl has the warm undertones I see in the chart for #25. Maybe #20 is supposed to be darker than #25? Odd numbering system if it is. I would have made #25 into a #15, which isn't there so it's not like they couldn't use the number. 


  


Anyway. Confusing skintone aside, she is GORGEOUS. 


I love the hair with the brown eyes and the Classic mold. Even if I wanted her a smidge darker, she's still fabulous. 


This is one of the very few AG outfits that is perfect the way it is. Maybe I'll get her a necklace eventually. 




Her hair is spectacular! The blue looked way more dominant in the item listing photos, but there are actually two shades of blue plus the very vivid neon pinky-purple. It photographs more pink than it looks in regular light. 



So yes, this is Eydis. She hangs out with Illary, Mazarine, Luciana and, of course, Roslin. 


I love that AG has embraced the unnatural hair colors. Now I wait impatiently for them to do that pixie cut from CYO on a regular doll that won't cost me an arm and a leg. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment