Tuesday, March 1, 2022

REVIEW: Rainbow High Junior High Poppy



I originally thought Poppy wasn't in Target yesterday, but then I caught sight of orange on the bottom shelf and there was one lone doll. I'm thankful she was good. Of the two Jades I had to pick from, only one had good white lip lines and Poppy's are even more obvious than hers. One of the Rubys had very messed up lip paint. Overall though, I haven't seen a ton of flaws with these. You just have to make sure the white lip highlights are in the right spot. 



Poppy doesn't have one of my favorite backpacks, but the detail level is still amazing. 



Like Jade, Poppy is post-salon. The two shorter pieces on either side of her face had so much gel in them that they felt like solid pieces of thick plastic. I had to work really hard to get it all out, possibly the most effort I've ever put into getting gel out of one lock of hair. The two side locks were the worst, but she did have gel in the two pulled back parts, too. Just not as much. 




I love the partial braids. It's a very cute hairstyle. 




Her hair is rather thin at the back. When it was wet, you could very easily see her scalp. Now it's better but definitely still thin.




Adorable bows!




Poppy's flowy peach shirt is separate from the orange top underneath. 

Her boots are so cute! They were a bit hard to take off and put back on though. 




I realized that I never showed the body on these, so here it is. 




They don't have much neck, which is why Ruby looks a bit off to me. 




There's no way I'm covering the cute top straps with the backpack straps, so she's holding it by the small strap over her wrist. 




With future Poppy. 




Honestly, I really love these younger versions. I might...like them better than the older ones! 

Can't wait to meet Sunny tomorrow.


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment