Tuesday, March 1, 2022

QUICK LOOK: Mermaze Mermaidz Harmonique


Walmart delivered Harmonique today. I'm still amused she's out so early, going completely against what they said. 

However, this line is going to suck for people who have to order online, because eye wonk is going to be extremely common.


Her irises are actually even but they put one eye in upside down, so the pupils are uneven. We're going to see a lot of this. 

So I ordered a second one and I'll return this one when I get that second in hand. Unless someone wants to buy this one, but take a good look at those eyes before you tell me you want her. 



She does have some very nice details. I love the sculpted rings. But if the second one is also wonky, I'll return them both and just wait until they hit stores. Then I'll see which, if any, of these I actually really want. 


I've seen some people defending this idiotic packaging, but you can't tell me damage won't occur to those tails. They're going to be touched, they're going to be dropped, they're going to get paint damaged if not full-on broken. It's incredibly stupid. 

Anyway, there's wonky Harmonique. Pretty cool, but pretty flawed. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

6 comments:

  1. Even that eyes on the prototype on the box looks kind of messed up. I'm glad I wasn't planning on buying this line because that would be a deal-breaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You're right. I didn't even notice. I did see definite wonk on some of the "influencer" freebie dolls, too. I think it's going to be way more common than dolls with good eyes. Pretty sad!

      Delete
    2. She's popping up a lot on Instagram now. All the ones I've seen are wonky. It seems to be the right eye pupil is always much higher than the left eye. This makes me think it's a major design flaw and not a QC issue.

      Delete
    3. Oh, hurray. Guess I'll be returning them both! Way to go, MGAE.

      Delete
    4. Well now more are popping up on Instagram and some of them are okay. Some of them look like one pupil is bigger than the other while others look like one eye is looking straight ahead and the other is looking up. If I change my mind and decide to get one of them, I will be picking them out in store.

      Delete
    5. Yeah, that's my plan now. My second one wasn't as bad as the first, but I refuse to pay $33 for wonk.

      Delete