Wednesday, July 14, 2021

REVIEW: LOL OMG Moonlight BB

I'm so happy to finally be doing this review! I've been wanting OMG to tackle one of the more goth characters since the line began. I was very disappointed when they turned Midnight into what they did (Lady Shadow), which still looks nothing like the tot. So when I heard they were doing Dusk, I was excited but concerned. Until I started seeing the leaks and realized they'd completely nailed it. 

Moonlight is a bit of an odd name, since the tot is Dusk. I actually think Moonlight would have been better as the big sis of Midnight, while Lady Shadow could have been this girl because it pairs better with Dusk. Doesn't really matter, as I tend to refer to the OMGs by the tot names anyway. 

There's a pretty big disjoint between the doll and the art, but both are pretty. I prefer the doll so I'm glad they made the changes if this was an early version. 





Gah, she's already adorable. 




Stand and brush, which are a pretty color. 


Purse is a book of scary stories. 




So cute!

I like that for once they kept the tot's hairstyle and it's always nice to see a little bit shorter hair instead of butt or knee-length. 






Her makeup is simple but lovely and I love the brown eyes.



Little magazine thingy, garment bags, hatbox and shoebox. 


I love the prints on the garment bags. 




Her skirt is in one garment bag and her sleeves and harness in the other. 



Sleeves on. 

I do love the bodysuit she comes in, but it was a bit of an odd choice to have long sleeves over long sleeves. Thankfully though, they're quite easy to get on. 

Here's my tip: Don't remove the hands. Pull the end of the black net sleeve down over her hand and her nails will hold it in place. Then you slide her arm into the lace sleeve and it goes on super easy. Then you just free her hand from the net sleeve once the lace one is on. Repeat with the other side and boom, easy to put on. 





With the skirt. 




And the harness. The harness is an odd piece, because it isn't in the art of her at all and she doesn't wear it in any of her stock pics. It's only shown over the sleeves in the accessories pics, but never on the doll. 

There's no velcro on it, so you've got to deal with a tiny belt buckle but it wasn't too bad. 



Her shoes are flocked, which is cool. 

Then you've got the hat, sunglasses, collar and earrings. 




Earrings and collar on. 




I really love when they make the earrings mimic multiple piercings. Very cool.

Her second earring is a safety pin/spiked stud combo. Not the most goth thing ever. It's not horrible, but I wish they'd given her a string of crescent moons or a bat or something a little more gothy and less often seen. 




Yeah, no. 




"We are the weirdos, mister."


Well, okay, maybe they do work for her.



All set! 

I LOOOOOVE her. I think she's going to be my favorite OMG forever. I don't think they can top her. 




So much of a favorite that, yeah, I bought two of them. 

This one had way messier box hair, so I took the pigtails down and washed all the gel out. She's gorgeous with both hairstyles. 




Such a nice color combo. 




And this one without the pigtails can wear the hat. 

Sorta.

MGAE just is not great with fabric hats. 



This one is going to hang out in the living room with my other fave dolls while the perfect one stays on the OMG shelves. 



Definitely glad I got two. The one on the right has slightly lighter lipstick and her eye makeup comes down farther. 

The best OMG I've seen yet. Practically perfection. I'm so happy with her!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. I just discovered Moonlight and instantly purchased her. She really speaks to me! If MGA focused on goth dolls, I'd be in real trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, tell me about it! We're lucky if we get one decent one in each line, sadly.

      Delete
  2. I just bought her today. She is so beautiful. I love the Goths and rock chicks omgs the most. I am delighted to
    have her in my collection. I also want 2. I will wait for her to appear on the second hand market to buy another one.
    I will not adopt Sunshine. I have space issues and I want to be selective. I really wanted Moonlight badly and I am delighted to have her. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete