Monday, July 19, 2021

REVIEW: Hairdorables Series 6

Series 6 is here at last. I bought all mine from Walmart.com for the usual $12.88.

I got 15 of them in hopes that I'd get most of the set and less doubles if I got a lot at once. It sort of worked. I ended up with the full regular set of 12, but 3 doubles and none of the 3 rares. I think this makes them harder to find than the regular rares in past series, because I got a few of those easily. So not only is ultra rare Sallee harder to find, but regular rare Phoebe and Saige seem to be as well. 



Back of the box. 




The packaging has changed. Instead of peeling plastic, there's a really cute cardboard art panel. It's either Noah/Kali or Emily/Willow. Both box colors have both art options. 



The inside is new, too. No more plastic pouches! 

One compartment has the doll, now strapped to the box by a hard plastic band that needs cutting. 

Another has the hairband and shoes. 

A third has the brush, rubberband hairties, sticker (I'm assuming it's a sticker), and hair dryer (for color change). 

The fourth compartment has the stand and two hair tools. 



There are two different backs. 

I did keep track of which doll came in which color box with which art, but it's likely random. I did get some doubles and only one matched up.

I'll put that list at the end of this post, but yeah, pretty sure it means nothing. 

I did not keep track of the back of the box art to go with each one. 


 


Checklist



More checklist




I'm going to start with Skylar, because she was the first I opened, as you can tell from her boxed picture up there. After her, I'm going in alphabetical order. 

So this is Big Apple Skylar. 

I wish they'd kept her headband Statue of Liberty green like it is on the checklist.


 



Hair




Changed hair!

I wasn't going to do this, but then a friend nudged me into it. I stuck them all in the freezer and they change really fast. 

So please excuse the lame background. I shot these fast beside my fridge before the color faded, though it lasts longer than I expected. 



They also have a cheek deco! All of them have it on the left, which is a little annoying in some cases because that's the side their bangs are on. 

Skylar's is a plane. Amusing. 



Okay, alphabetical order. Basketball Brit! 

I really wish they'd gone back to her red hair every now and then. It's a lot of pink. 

I thought one of her hair ties was missing, but I found it curled up on the floor. So the third one is squa.




All of the hairbands come unassembled, so you have to stick the little dealybobs onto the band yourself. Be careful with the ones with 2 smaller pieces like Brit here. I had Neila's stick to the cardboard when I opened her so they could easily get lost. 




So much pink.




She looks better with the activated blue streak, but it still gets lost in her hair. 




Of course it's a basketball. 



Bow Baby Bella. 

Now is that bow like hairbow or bow as in "take a bow?" Hmm. 




Really cute. A little more of the younger Bella style. I'm still surprised she's become one of my faves, even though it happened way back in Series 2. 




Her color change streak really blends in. 







But not when it's activated!




Cute. 




Dessert DeeDee.

I didn't think she'd be so cute because she's had pigtails so many times, but she's definitely cute. 





The pink side is bit wild. 




From the back. 




Color activated.

I couldn't get a good shot of her cheek deco. It's hard when their faces are shiny from the cold. 


 


Harmony Highlights. Pretty sure that was a Series 1 name. 

Not Harmony's best look. The dress is really cute though. 




Still pretty but lacks the Harmony wow factor. 




Buried streak. 





That's a little better, but still very subtle. 



Cute but lighter than others. Some were pretty dark and others more faded. 




Kitty Kat. I didn't think I was going to get her, because she was the last regular I needed and I opened two doubles in a row, but then there she was, the last one I opened. 



Her hairband does not stay on well and it blocks the cute hairdo, so it's staying off. 

I love when she gets darker eyeshadow. 




This is a really lovely purple. 




And the paw print. 




Kurly Kali. Excellent hair. 



Forgot to put her headband on in the first pic. I think she was the second one I opened so I was still figuring out a pattern for pictures. 




Colors. I actually prefer the unactivated white. 





Pixelated hearts. 


I was so happy when I got her! Neila will forever be my fave. 

This is New Do Neila. 




I love that her shirt has her name. 





So cute.





Her streak is blue and blended in pretty well. 




It's pretty though.






Noah Knots. I really love this one. 





She's got the same hair as Kat, but her headband actually stays on. 





But I'm leaving it off. 





I do always love the peach in her hair. 





Her cheek deco was really faint though. 







Emily!

Ombre Emily, to be exact. 






I'm always a sucker for her. 






Better without the headband. 






Pretty from the back. She works the streaks very well. 





Like Kali, I prefer the white streaks. 





One of a Kind Willow. 

Cute, but not one of Willow's best. 




I thought this line was more plain at first, but they still do have a ton of details. They're just as good as other lines, but without a linking theme. 





Hair. 





Hers is better with the purple. 






The unicorn deco was hard to photograph. It's pretty detailed though. 





And finally, this is ROYGBIV Rayne. Cute.






Cute, but not one of the better Raynes. 






Her streaks are nice though. 






Activated.


And cheek deco. 

Okay, so that's the regular 12 from Series 6. I hope to someday get Phoebe and Saige. Not holding out hope for Sallee. But I am glad I got the 12 and not a ton of doubles. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.






So as promised, here's a list of the box color and art. I honestly don't think this means anything though. 


PINK BOX:
Emily/Willow art: Skylar, Rayne
Noah/Kali art: Noah, Emily, Bella, Kali, Kat

PURPLE BOX:
Emily/Willow art: Neila, DeeDee, Brit, Rayne
Noah/Kali art: Kali (2 of them), Willow, Harmony










No comments:

Post a Comment