Friday, July 9, 2021

REVIEW: LOL BTW Tweens Freshest

 

I went back and forth on these as more leaks were coming out. I finally decided to only get Freshest, who was by far my favorite. 

To me, they definitely are a little disproportionate. The heads are too big for their delicate little bodies. OMG heads are big, too, but these Tween heads are almost as big, despite the body being tiny. So they kind of look like a random custom made by putting a LOL head on a different doll body. 

Anyway, these ladies are $19.88 each on Amazon right now. 



I wish they'd use the same style of box they had for the dance line more often. I like the reusable storage box capability of those and I really love Freshest's box, so it would have been nice to save it. But without a cover, it's useless. 

So the doll, stand and one little pouch are on the right, and on the left are the "composition book," two cardboard shoeboxes, and then inside the larger cardboard part is one tissue paper-wrapped bit. 



The stand comes with 2 clips. 


The jacket was in the pouch by the doll. 



The pink-topped box had the sunglasses, comb and all the jewelry. The black-topped one had the shoes. 




The purse was in the larger section of the cardboard side on the left of the packaging. 

If you get one of these dolls, make sure you find all the pieces. The two shoeboxes are easy to see, but it's not really obvious there's something hiding behind the rest of the cardboard. 




Here she is. Cute!



I used to not like the painted-on hairline curls, but they're growing on me a lot thanks to Beats' sister from the Dance line. 





Here's the body. I really love the delicacy of the arms, hands and feet. 

She does have click knees like the bigger ones.




Shoes on, weird bustier whatever top off. 

I love the little chain on the pants. I pick on MGAE for their lack of diversity, mostly in headmolds, but I can't fault them for their attention to detail on clothing. Only collector brands do it better.





Jacket on. I was actually able to get it on without removing her hands. 



Jewelry on. She has earrings, a necklace and one bracelet. The bracelet does have an opening, so you don't have to remove a hand to put it on. 


I don't know what MGAE's obsession with crossbody fanny packs is, but...no. Just no. Thankfully, it sort of works as a purse, too. 



Both earrings are different. 




These are ridiculous. 






Her hair is super soft! I love the colors and style. 



And here she is with Beats. (I refuse to use the stock name for that poor doll.) And Virtuelle, who loves to photo bomb. 

I'm definitely a fan overall, but not enough to buy ones I don't 100% love. (I like Cherry, but I don't love Cherry.) I'd love to see them tackle some of the older characters in this style, as they just did with Fancy, Fresh, Hoops and Cherry. Merbaby would be perfect. Majorette and Cheer Captain. Sis Swing and Center Stage. Surfer. And loads from Series 2 would be amazing, too. An Alice in Wonderland set for example? I'm looking forward to seeing more from the tweens.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment