Thursday, July 22, 2021

VINTAGE REVIEW: Little Sparklin' Clouds


Months ago, one of my friends reminded me that these exist. I used to own one that I got at a flea market for $1.50 for the complete set or almost complete set. I sorely regret having no idea what happened to that set. I know I kept the doll and had the playset in my trade box, but I have no idea what happened to that doll! I don't remember seeing her in Florida, so she probably got sold or donated before we moved back in 2013. 

I thought I might be safe from these, but then I found myself searching for them and lucked into these 2 from a UK website. They weren't cheap to import (the shipping cost about the same as the dolls), but no regrets. 





Backs of the boxes. 




I'm not going to have room for big playsets on my shelves, so I'm leaving them in the package. So this isn't a complete review, but more a look at a less often seen vintage toy. Not so vintage as you'd think though. These came out in 2001! They definitely look very 80s/early 90s though. 

This is Skippa's set.


And Twyla's. 

I think this may be the earliest use of Mattel's Twyla trademark. 


Slippers the bear, Twyla, Skippa, and Blaze the bunny. 


Now I know you're probably thinking what I think when I see these faces: Cherry Merry Muffin. Well, I don't have any of my few CMMs out, but I do have the Small World dolls, which are the same headmolds and same size, out. 


And as you can see, there's a huge size difference!

The Little Sparklin' Clouds are TINY. 

But so cute!

I hope to find the other three. At least the dolls and pets. But I'm very happy because Skippa was my fave and I got her first. She's probably my fave because she reminds me of the Native American Small World doll here. 

That's it for reviews today! Hopefully, I'll have more tomorrow as packages from Walmart roll in. I was supposed to do two Glitter Girls today but both were flawed and replacements have been ordered. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

4 comments:

  1. The themeing of these dolls makes me think of the Moondreamers doll line, for some reason.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just found teala at a fleamarket, un opened in box. what is the worth for these i cannot find any information

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, great find! I don't have much to go on, as there are no completed auctions on US ebay for boxed ones, only the two sets I've recently bought for $15 and $20. I paid 19.99 GBP for my Skippa and Twyla boxed (found on a UK website), so that's about $28. If you decide to sell her, I'd love to buy her from you once you figure out a price.

      Delete