Saturday, July 3, 2021

MONTH IN REVIEW: June 2021


I bought the little blue guy at the last doll show I went to, pre-covid on March 7, 2020. I haven't bought one of the artist's pieces for myself since, but I have gotten 2 more for my mom. Then I saw Bluebell and fell in love with her. 




She's gorgeous. These are definitely artist pieces, not meant to be cuddled like CBs, so I buy a lot fewer, but they're both darling. 





Neil is an older bear that I stupidly did not buy on QVC when he was briefly available. I flitted back onto my radar in the past year and I was able to finally add him to my hug this past month. 



I don't normally go for the clothed pieces, but there was something about these little mice that I wanted to try out. QVC is perfect for looking at pieces you may want to return, which is why I rely on them for uncertain items, as opposed to a stockist. I love their lavender and light gray colors and the clothes work well on them, though I did take the hats off. I decided to keep them. 


Chunky is another trial bear from QVC. I wasn't sure if I had a place for one as large as he is, but because I rehomed Bertha a couple months ago, he's got her old spot on the hallway bookcase. Christian moved there recently, too, while Trudy has been there the whole time sitting on my pile of CB books. 



Here you can see his face better. 




I fell down the Jellycat rabbit hole again. 

Thanks mostly to this troublesome lady. Meet Alice Axolotl!






I love that axolotls have become so popular because the array of plush ones is fabulous. 





I also got Gus Griffin, who I renamed Gregor. He's along the same vein as Yani Yeti and Bo Bigfoot. 



And then there's Nessie. She has lovely green eyes!






Steff, Starr, Sachi and Shawna


I've had most of my Hot Looks collection complete for a long time, but I've always held out for a better condition Starr. Mine is very played with and missing a few pieces. She turned up on ebay after years of waiting and I finally have a lovely Starr to display with the others!

She came in her box, which I've honestly never seen for sale before, but she's not complete. She was missing her bracelet, comb and one she ribbon. (She has 2 ribbons that she came with, but only one is the original.) I happen to have the comb and bracelet, so this works out well. Her outfit and the doll herself are in near mint condition, aside from typical Hot Looks aging woes (namely, shoe rubber issues). 


And last but not least, my order from Cuddly Cryptids came in on the 30th. I've wanted to order these, but some or all were out of stock. I lucked into all 4 in stock at the same time as a sale. 

So we've got the Chupacabra on the left, then the Dark and Snowy Wendigo, and Mothbaby. 

They're so cute. Love them all!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment