Thursday, July 22, 2021

REVIEW: B-Kind Nora & Ivy

Walmart took my order of all 5 B-Kind dolls and split it up into multiple shipments...and then of course, several showed up at the Walmart by work. So these reviews will be spread out as the dolls arrive. 

B-Kind are the environmentally-friendly line I talked about not too long ago. They were discovered in leaks and people thought they were some MGAE line, but they turned out to be these cute dolls made by Jada Toys. 

They cost $29.97 each. 

They are in fully open packaging, so watch for paint flaws. I haven't seen any yet, but open dolls can get damaged more easily. I'm not sure why exactly plastic across the front would have been so not green when they used like a thousand plastic tabs to hold all the accessories down. I feel like those could have been held up with cardboard and then the plastic could have been across the front of the box. 





She almost has my birthday. Heh, almost but not quite. Nothing ever has September 30th. It's super rare. 




Back of the box.



I'm going to go over all the stuff she comes with before getting to the doll herself.

So she has a hat, brush, purse, pillow pet, a little motivational note to herself, fabric stickers, and the pieces to make hair extensions and decorate the purse. 

The purse is actually a really cute idea. I think they all have this because Ivy does, too. There's a stencil and you use that on the fabric, then insert the fabric piece over the front of the purse. You can see where the lines are on the front of it. There's a piece that's like a frame that comes off and then snaps back on over the fabric. It's also nice because kids could do this over and over using other fabric bits. 

There's an instruction pamphlet that tells how to do everything. 



This side has how to do the hair extension and purse. 




And this one covers the kindness board background and reusing the box handle, as well as some other green tips. 





There's the kindness board thing. Cute for kids, but I recycled it. 

I love the eco-friendliness of these and the activities for the target market. They're really cute ideas and they seem easy enough for even younger ages to do. 




So let's finally get a look at Nora!

She is BIG. 12.25"! You get a lot of doll for your $30. 

I usually save the height comparisons for later, but I think you guys need to understand the scale of her now. 


Look how she dwarfs Karma!!! Rainbow High isn't a small doll line, but Nora makes Karma look teeny. 

She's about as big as a Shibajuku, but with a smaller head and thicker body. 




She has little flower earrings that are easy to take off and put back in. No worrying about breakage. 





Poseability is quite nice. She feels sturdy, which I like. Definitely a good doll for even younger ages. 



Her outfit is simple but good quality. I love the material on the skirt and its rainbow stripe. All the pieces were easy to remove and put back on. 

Her hands do not come off. I gave one an experimental tug and it didn't budge. I never try to force them. I'm pretty sure they're not meant to be removable though. 



I love her shoe mold. Very cute. Happy faces on the front, flowers on the side, and flowers along with treads on the soles.





Popsicle purse. 

It does open. 




Here's a look at the body. 





Earrings again. 

I really love the long swoopy nose on these girls. They have unusual, very stylized faces that may not be for everyone, but I think they're adorable. 




Her hair is lovely. Silky smooth texture. Excellent quality. And guess what? NOT A DROP OF GEL IN IT. Hear that, MGAE? No gel. This line is proof that you don't need gel to keep a doll's hair in the box. It is held back with several rubberbands, but those kinks can be worked out with a quick condition. I don't mind the slightly crimpy look anyway. 




Let's move on to Ivy. 

I didn't think she'd be a favorite, but quickly realized she's basically Flora from Winx Club. Similar skintone, similar hair colors, similar eye color. She even has a pink cat like Flora! Ha. 

I am not complaining about any of that, mind you. It's a compliment. 





Side of the box. 






Back of the box. 






Ivy has friendship bracelets, as well as the purse deco thing. 

Ugh, these crossbody fanny packs need to die though. 



Instructions. The other side is like Nora's. 




Here she is. Very cute. I like her dress and the tiny scrunchie. 



I like the design of the shoes, but they don't stay on very well. They're a teeny bit too big. 




Three heart earrings! Now that's some Maxie nostalgia right there. Ah, Maxie. 





She's lovely and also has excellent hair. Hair snobs will not be able to say a word about the quality. The only criticism they could do would be that it's too thin, but even that's a bit of a stretch. It's thin, but it's not terrible.  

I am definitely a fan of this line. These girls are beautiful, cutely dressed, have lovely color schemes, great hair, great poseability, and excellent messages and other perks for the target market. I'm looking forward to getting the other three! I'm cutting back a lot of my doll-collecting and trying to buy only the ones I really love, not overspend to import, etc. but I have zero regrets about buying all 5 of these. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

NOTE: I do have an extra Nora available! I accidentally ordered 2 and then didn't catch it right away. I plan on returning her to the store, but if anyone wants her, I'll sell for retail cost plus tax and shipping. 

2 comments:

  1. I would love your extra Nora, if she’s still available!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is! If you shoot me an email (eilonwe@gmail.com) with your zipcode and Paypal info, I'll get you an invoice. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete