Thursday, March 4, 2021

REVIEW: LOL OMG Dance B-Gurl and Virtuelle

I did a LOT of OMG deboxing today. I ended up with quite the backlog of dolls. I'm opting not to do a review of the Remix Punk/Rock set. It's old. Everyone's seen it by now. I did give the punk girl a Bratz top and jacket because I hated what she came with. I still hate her shoes, but maybe she'll get new ones someday. I considered taking down her hair, but ended up leaving it as is. I'm not a huge fan of her, but she's cute and she looks nice between Metal Chick and my redressed Downtown in Lady Shadow's outfit. I like the boy a lot. I only left off his scarf and sunglasses. He's hanging with Bhad Gurl. I have Big Wig and Camp Cutie left to do. I'll do proper reviews on them. I just really didn't feel like it for the 2-pack. 

So moving on, the Dance line is the newest one. I just got these three a couple days ago. And it's only going to be two this time, because my Major Lady had a Major Lip Rub, so I ordered a new one and will return the damaged one. I'm not paying $25 for a doll missing a big streak of paint on her lip. She's so gorgeous that I hated not freeing her from the box though. She's got some Bloom vibes going on. 




Anyway, I got these from Amazon for $24.88 each. They're all in stock as of a few minutes ago. 

B-Gurl, henceforth referred to as B, is Beats' older sis. Now I don't know what it is about Beats, but I love her. 




Here she is. From back in the day when I used to take pics of the LOLs. Ah, Series 2. 

They actually did a really good job this time of creating something reminiscent of the original doll's design. 


I'm normally not a fan of painted-on hairline details, but for some reason, this works for B. And it definitely reminds me of Beats' little forehead curls. 

Makeup stripe? Check. 

Silver hair? Check.

You can see where the outfit idea came from, too.

I like the darker lipstick because of course I do. And the addition of black to the hair is a nice touch. Her nails are alternate colors, too. 

She's just beautiful. 




Each of the dolls comes with 3 stand clips now. There's one bigger one, which is nice. I'll show why in the next pic. Then there are 2 in the smaller size. Not sure why 2, but why not? 

Brush, little dance guide, garment bag and hatbox. 



Inside the garment bag is this giant puffy coat. Now I normally despise these things. But this one is an awesome material and it goes right back to Beats' outfit, so I can't hate it at all. I actually kinda love it. 

But this is why the big clip comes in handy. It works when she wears the big coat. 



Inside the hatbox, we've got the blacklight thingy, which I didn't even bother to turn on the dolls, plus sunglasses and the ubiquitous saucer-sized hoop earrings that I hate. They're not going on her ever. 




Glasses on. 





Glasses and coat off. 


I'm keeping her like this. 






Here's the back of her hair. Simple but pretty.






And one more just because she's hot. 

Some dolls just have "it." She does.




VRQT isn't one of my huge fave little LOLs, but she's definitely in that middle ground of "like enough not to sell."

Her OMG sis though? Amazing. 




Her stand does have the 2 clips. They're packaged where one small one is underneath the stand base, while the other two are in the packaging itself. I just didn't unclip the 2nd smaller one this time. 




Now those earrings my doll will actually wear. 


The VR piece is really interesting, but definitely not attractive on. We'll get there.




I love her background. I actually kept B's box for storage, but ended up swapping out the insert for Virtuelle's because I like the sides of her box better. 

This doll is so freakin' awesome. Her microbraids are incredibly thick. Like her hair is so thick, it was a mild chore to hold it back to put her earrings in. 




And her eyebrows! She looks like she's ready to kick your ass. In VR Land or something. But so ready. 

Great makeup, too. 

And I love that she's so dark. Is she the darkest one yet? I don't have all the darker-skinned girls. 




Her hair. 

Better angle on her shoes, too. 

I love whatever you call these not-exactly-pants.



Then there's this magic. I don't know what material this jacket is. Like I've said, fashion is not exactly my thing outside my very specific wheelhouse. But this is how this gray material photographs. 




I shot this without the flash to show what it actually looks like in regular light. 




But what is this sorcery? 


Here's the VR bit on. See? It's just not attractive. Cool idea though. 

So yeah, these two are incredibly amazing. I love both to pieces. Very disappointed my Major Lady was that level of flawed. I haven't had that bad a flaw with this line yet. But I'll be reviewing her once the new one comes. 

I'll be tackling Big Wig and Camp Cutie tomorrow. Opening OMGs always makes me want more, but I'm going to resist ordering any others. I know I'm going to want Spicy and Dusk when they come out! 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. Virtuelle is the darkest skintone in the OMG line thus far, so far it's unique to her :)

    ReplyDelete