Wednesday, March 31, 2021

COLLECTION UPDATE: Altaya Strawberry Shortcake



I thought I'd give an update my Altaya collection, as I just got five new ones in and am in the process of getting more. 



So starting from the beginning, here's my lovely Raisin Cane. Still my favorite. I don't think anyone will ever take the top spot from her. 









Adorable T.N. Honey was my second. 







And then the boy version of Plum Pudding, which was the character's original design. 


(Sorry for the unfixed hairs in their faces. I felt like doing a doll post, but I got the covid vaccine today and my arm has been sore all day, so I was trying to just take one quick pic of each doll and didn't stop to mess with the hair.)






Then we've got the five new ones that arrived yesterday.

Altaya has been doing the Berrykin line and adding characters to it. When I saw Blueberry, I had to have her. 

The hair on this line isn't the best and I know a quick condition and style would help, but these dolls smell fantastic and I don't want any conditioner smells messing with that. 








Blueberry may never have existed, but Plum was indeed in the vintage Berrykin line. Those dolls are ridiculous in price, so I'm happy to have a replica. 





Altaya's newest venture is tackling the many Brazilian characters. Also quite pricey for the real thing, also something I'm happy to have replicas of. 


So this is the first, Little Rose. She smells lovely, though not quite Rose Petal lovely. 





Then we've got Little Violet. Definitely my favorite of these new arrivals. I adore her curly hair and darker eyes. (Can't quite tell if her eyes are brown or purple. I'll have to look in daylight.)

She's got an interesting but pleasant floral scent. 





And finally, there's Little Apple with her fab hair color. Love that light green!


The next two are Little Pineapple and Little Cherry. I'm hoping to get them soon, but my priority went to Berrykin Banana Twirl and Peach Blush, who I purchased a few minutes ago. Banana's prices are rising and as a Berrykin-only character, she's one I need. 

Love these!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

5 comments:

  1. Hi beautifull where can I find them? I just found out of this new come back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've bought all mine from ebay. They're not sold in the US, but in France and Spain, so I've had to import them all, but they're worth it!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your fast reply.Im from Puerto Rico and I just buy 4 new berrykins and Im very very excited!!! Can believe I finally will get them as as you said they are ridicolously expensive. I bought mint tulip, plum pudding peach blush and angel cake berrykins and I beyond excited! Looking forward to buy more:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy them! They're so cute and they smell great, too.

      Delete