Wednesday, March 3, 2021

REVIEW: 5 Surprise Fairy Unicorns



I don't think I ever reviewed the original Unicorn Squad when I got them and I only ever got one from Series 2 because they were basically recolors, but Zuru surprised me with some awesome designs for Series 3. 

This series is fairy-themed! Which doesn't really mean fairy. It just means wings. But I'll take it. 





Checklist. 

I need that devil one!






Other side. 

Love that witch!

So there are 12 regular plus the gold recolor that's the rare.




The ball folds out like an orange. One side is a full half of the ball and contains the unicorn and her hair. The other side falls into 3 segments. One has the "slime" stuff. All four of mine had the same colors. Another slice had the unicorn's outfit and the third held the comb and stickers. 





Jade was the first I opened. 





I love her skirt/train thingy. 

She wasn't one I really wanted, but I like her a lot anyway. 




She's got some Princess Jasmine hair. 

One thing I really like about these is that the hair accessories have spaces where they slot into the hair itself so those suckers are not moving. I wish the Hatchimals Pixie Riders were so thoughtful in design! 


My mom stood behind me at one point and looked at Jade. Then I handed her the checklist. She said two names. 

One was Deeva. 

This is Deeva. 




Deeva is the rare! I don't usually hope for the rares, so she was a nice surprise. 

She's a recolor of Braidy. (Braidy? Really? Nothing better came to mind, Zuru?)



Mom also said one more name while looking at the checklist. It was Mysty. 

I opened her after Deeva. 

Apparently I need to stand my mom behind me when opening blind toys and have her say the names of ones I want. 







Gah, SHE IS SO CUTE.





The boots!

The hat!

The wings!





Her train doesn't stay on well, but I can deal with it. The rest of her is perfect. 







And finally, I opened Whinny, who is into the 90s, I guess.



Not my fave, but still cute. 





Gah, those heels. 

Definitely ordering more of these!


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment