Friday, March 12, 2021

REVIEW: Cave Club LUMINA!!!


LUMINAAAAAAAAAA!!! 

So many thanks to the friend that told me where to buy her. I haven't posted the link, because I wanted to be sure I got her and the listing wasn't a mistake. But it was indeed her, so here:

https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/mattel-cave-club-poseable-doll-lumina-phibian/n3517647

I bought two. One is staying boxed and I sat her beside my boxed Jetta from Jem. Perfection!





Gorgeous art!



Here are her accessories. And Phibian, who is now my favorite pet. 

The headphones plug into the "CD" player. 





You guys, she is STUNNING. I'm so in love that I wish I could take her to work with me. 

I love every single little detail. I never realized her necklace was a bat! 




Most of her hair is straight and then the little ponytail on top is crimped. 

She's giving me a little bit of Musa from Winx vibes. I definitely feel she's coded as East Asian.



Her headphones are a little odd to put on because they push her streaked bits in front back. It all looks a bit awkward, but it's not like I was leaving this on her. 





PHIBIAN. Try to tell me he isn't the cutest. Sooooooooooo adorable AND one of my fave colors!

Lumina is basically perfection. I don't think any Cave Club doll is going to bump her out of my favorite spot. I'm thrilled to have her!


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine. 

11 comments:

  1. She's gorgeous. Glad you got her!!!

    She's sold out now, but I just saw this post. Hopefully she's available elsewhere soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, that's wild! I posted this to the CC FB group I was in so I think some people from there probably bought some. But I deleted the post and left the group after the admin left a kinda rude comment. I was obviously really excited about the doll and I'm posting my own pics, not a promo. So I don't want to hear any negative comments. She's been against this doll from the start, but it's one thing to comment under promo pics and a completely different thing to do it under someone's owner photos, especially when they're clearly very happy to have the doll. It's one of my collecting pet peeves. I didn't get much out of the group anyway, so I won't miss it.

      Delete
  2. After a week or so of going on the page, she's FINALLY back in stock! Just ordered her.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I love your review of Lumina! Such a gorgeous doll! Would you like to post some of your photos on my Cave Club FB group? It's brand new and all about being positive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I can do that. Just leave me a link to it. :)

      Delete
    2. Great! Please feel free to post photos or reviews of CC anytime! https://www.facebook.com/groups/caveclubcollectors/

      Delete
    3. I had a look and your other moderator is the same person who runs the group I was in, so I'll just be sticking with posting my reviews here. I don't need to have another negative comment from her.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear that, I had no idea. I don't accept negativity in my group. Is there a way to contact you privately? I made this group with the sole purpose of having a safe space for all adult collectors to show our dolls and share our love for them :)
    PS: I deleted my previous comment because I wanted to add more and there was no option- so I just wrote a new one. Sorry for any mistakes, English isn't my first language

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. You can email me at eilonwe@gmail.com if you like.

      Delete