Thursday, March 4, 2021

NEWS: Glitter Girls 2021

 https://battatco.com/catalogs/2021/Glitter_Girls_Catalogue_2021.pdf

All right! It's that time of year to pore over the newest Glitter Girls catalog. I'm not going to do my super analysis like I usually do. Honestly, there are so many dolls now that I can't automatically ID them anymore. 

I still love the GG line even though I stopped buying every different doll. I simply don't have the space!

I'm going to do this like I did last year, but not go page by page. I'm going to try to point out the new stuff and make comments about that, as well as things I just plain like or want to talk about.

Page 4: Let's get into the dolls. Dayle is marked as new, but she's not. She and Kianna have been at Target for a while. I may still get Dayle eventually. Look at Kianna though. She's basically a recolor of Odessa, but everything on her is a new color. Yet when they take a design that was originally for a white doll and put it on a new black character, they don't change the outfit colors. They just leave them the same. That annoys me a lot. 

Page 5: Aha! An actual new girl. I love the name Astrid. She looks a lot like Tavi though. Like...exactly like Tavi. So I'll skip her. 

Page 6: See, this is what I mean. Jolie there is a black Floe. Same outfit but on a black doll. And she's really cute, too, but I don't want to buy the same outfit twice and then have to get her a fashion pack. Ugh. This is the same reason I never got Kelsy, the black version of Stivie. I am however thrilled to finally see SOO JI in the lineup! Now if only they'd get to Ariadne and Elaithea. But Soo Ji is better than nothing. Kika is another brand new doll. She looks like Bluebell with straight hair and her outfit is lame but I kinda want her to redress. 

Page 8: All of these are new. I really want to like the salon dolls, but they look so washed out. Maybe they'll look better in owner pics. Sunnie is tempting. She's just kinda crazy. I wish I could see her eye color, but I love the pink streak in her hair. I might get her. Percy is cute, but she reminds me of Amy Lu with pigtails and Candace's eye color. See what I mean about how they're getting really samey? 

Page 9: Malu and Tammy are new dolls but look enough like others to easily pass on. 

Page 10: Jamie drives me crazy because I would totally buy her if she didn't come with a freakin' horse. Pale with super pale blue eyes and long dark red hair? Pretty. 

Page 13: I'm glad they're still using Ariadne's clothing modelling pics. Maybe she'll get made. She's the one on the left in the lucky outfit. I get so many people asking about her! She'd sell so well. 

Page 15: There's Ariadne again and Elaithea is the one in the roller skates. I want both of them so badly!

Page 22: There's Tavi. Now go back to page 5 and see how much Astrid looks like her.

Page 26: There's Soo Ji! With the breakfast set. I'm happy she's getting made.

Page 28: There's Ariadne with the porch set. I think that's new? Gives me hope that we'll get her someday. 

And that wraps it up. So mostly, I want Soo Ji, but I'm also considering Kika, Sunnie, maybe Jamie and maybe Jolie. She does look awfully pretty and outfits aren't expensive.

2 comments:

  1. do you have a catalog to send out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they do physical catalogues. You just have to look at it on the site:
      https://battatco.com/catalogs/2021/Glitter_Girls_Catalogue_2021.pdf

      Delete