Sunday, December 20, 2020

REVIEW: Rainbow High Series 2 River Kendall



Who needs sleep when I've got coffee? Let's finish these off. 


I'm not a huge River fan. I would have preferred a second female headmold with different features before a boy. 






Stand and stuff. 


I do like the stand color. 



First outfit. 

You will not see the fake shirt tied around the waist bit again. I hate it. Like seriously, a hoodie, a jacket AND a long-sleeve? It's too many layers. 

You will also not see the hat again. I did his hair a little differently, so it's not getting squished under the hat. But he does have the hole in the head like Ruby does.






Second outfit. 

I didn't try the socks on him so you won't see those again either. 





Back of the jacket.

Both jackets are very nicely-detailed. 





Quick body comparison. 



This is the only time you'll see his hair in this style. I didn't care for it. 


I flipped it over to one side. Kind of like mine. Heh. 

I'm going to take a second to address the amusement of River. 

River was one of the first My Scene (Mattel/Barbie) boys. 

Kendall. Ken Doll. 

These shorts are snakeskin. Deuce (Monster High). But also in a color frequently worn by Gil (also MH). 

In fact, he kinda reminds me of a human Gil now that I've flipped his hair over. 

All coincidental? Maybe. But funny either way.





White shirts are SO BORING. 

Use black. 







Better but still no. 




Back to the first outfit. 

I love the hoodie color. 

The jeans are just okay, but better than the shorts.

I do like these shoes a lot, too, but I prefer the black. 


 


Back of the jacket.


The jacket is incredibly well-made. Definitely one of the best-made RH pieces.




His final look. 

I do like him more than I expected. Flopping the hair helped a lot. I think it makes him look a teeny bit older, because let's face it, he looks super young. Way younger than the girls. 

Hopefully, Amaya comes tomorrow so I can get her deboxed and into the salon for a review the next day. I'm really looking forward to her. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment