Sunday, December 20, 2020

REVIEW: Rainbow High Series 2 Karma Nichols

I'm exhausted, so I'm not sure I'm going to make it through all 3 of these tonight, but at least the pics are ready to go so if I don't get them all written, at least they'll be easier to put together tomorrow. 

Naturally, RH Series 2 dropped on the West Coast first (yeah, it makes sense, but it's still so tired) and we on the East had to wait what felt like ages just to be able to finally order them on Target. (I think they were also on Amazon, too.) Like Series 1, they cost $26.99 each. I ordered all four of them plus a double of Karma. That double and Amaya haven't made it here yet. 



Karma is my favorite from the entire line by a long shot, so after I deboxed her, Stella and River last night and had to wash the girls' hair but not his, I knew I'd have to wait to do the girls' reviews, but I could do River's. Yet nope. Karma said no way. She had to be first and here she is. 

So here's her stand and comb. I love the chartreuse color. I'm not sure why her hangers are pale yellow, but they're not awful. 





Here's her main outfit. 

I was surprised to see the top part of the skirt is separate!



The only time you will ever see these socks. 


Second outfit. 

Man, that top is dull. It's the only piece I don't like of her entire wardrobe. 

The jacket is a bit delicate, so be careful when deboxing. I absolutely despise when they punch the stupid plastic tabs through delicate fabrics. SIGH. 



Second outfit on. 


Shirt so boring. So beneath her. 




With her main top. Much better.



Jacket back on. 


I pulled a lot of threads out of the sleeves after putting this on her the first time, but they came off easily. 



Her makeup is the best in the line. And you all know I hate glitter-encrusted makeup so for me to say that, I must really love her. 


 




I do wish she had earrings. RH really has a weak jewelry game. 




Main top, skirt (minus the upper bit) and shoes with second outfit jacket.

It a little too much. The long sleeves go better with the short skirt. 




Something more bare bones. 



And her final look, which is her main outfit minus the socks. This would be nice with a black jacket.


I love both pairs of shoes A LOT. But I picked these. I may keep that second Karma instead of returning her, because I might just love her enough to have two. Then one can wear the second outfit with a different top of some kind. 




FRIENDS.



I have no idea how I didn't notice the unbalanced eye makeup on my Jade before. It doesn't really bother me too much though.



One more shot. 

Dangit, I need to get to bed, but I'm going to review Stella quick. 


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

4 comments:

  1. I think you might have just sold me on Karma - she's beautiful! I was concerned about her promo photos being washed out but she looks so much better in your pictures.

    Just out of curiosity, how does her skintone compare to Sunny and Skyler?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should try to take a picture, but I'm not sure it will come out clearly with the flash. Maybe in natural light on a nice day. I'll keep trying.

      Karma is darker than Skyler by a couple shades. She's lighter than Sunny, but not by much. Sunny's more brown-toned where Karma is more orangey-tan. Basically like Skyler but darker.

      Delete
  2. I love how "Pizzazz" she looks with that color. I love those brown eyes and that make up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowwwww! I'm going to get a pic of her, Pizzazz and Harmony soon.

      Delete