Wednesday, December 23, 2020

REVIEW: Rainbow High Series 2 Amaya Raine


Here we go with my second to last Rainbow High Series 2 review. (Krystal has shipped so she'll be the final one.) Amaya came in with my second Karma, who got returned to the store. 

This doll wasn't really on my radar when she was still thought to be "pastel rainbow," but the fact that she's  more like neon rainbow appealed to me a lot more. 



Love the stand and comb. 

Just the fact that she comes with more black pieces is nice. 



What looked to be a sequined dress is actually a bustier and skirt. 

I do love these socks. Just not with any of her shoes.

I hate that they wasted her second outfit on this cheerleader nonsense. I don't like the cheer line because I think it's really stupid for an arts school to have anything sports-related. That's been covered enough in like every other doll line. I also hate the trope that the entire group automatically a) wants to do the same activity and b) all of them are good enough to do it. (Like bands. How do all the characters randomly work into a band out of nowhere?) You can't convince me Jade wants to be a cheerleader. Or shy Skyler. 

Plus, while the cheer outfits are kinda cute, any utility they have is completely destroyed by the fact that they all come with stupid heels that no cheerleader would ever wear. That makes it more costume and no function. "I'm a mouse! Duh!" 


Amaya had the worst gel hair I've seen in this line and it took time to get it out. 

Her hair quality is also not great compared to the other girls. 



But the colors sure are pretty. 





Excellent makeup, too. 


My only complaint is that they gave the rainbow girl the same boring pale pink nail polish as Stella. I think Stella's should have been brighter, but at least the color fits. Pale pink doesn't suit a neon rainbow look at all. 




Doesn't come with earrings but has earring holes. Odd.

I think she's the only one like this. 




Let's get this cheerleader mess out of the way. 




Both her socks have holes in them from how they were packaged. Putting the shoes on and taking them off made them worse, so this is the last you'll see of them. 





Her outfit is cute. It's the pairing it with anklebreaking spike heels that ruins it. 





Though I do love said heels. Just not as part of an athletic uniform. 




The underside of her skirt is lovely. I might cut out the inset underwear and see if I can flip it inside out to wear that way. 




I do like the simple black tee.




Just not under a bustier. 

I feel like I made this point before. You don't wear a shirt under a bustier. It does not work. 

The print on the shirt also looks stupid under the bustier.



The socks look kinda cute with the rainbow heels, too. 

Her main pair of heels may be the most boring shoes in this entire line. Why make something that dull?



It's not the best fit, but this is how I'm leaving her. 

I do love the sequined pieces. The belt is cute, too. 



I just kept taking pics of her. Nothing new to see here really. 




Another one. 





Getting the stand clip over the outfit wasn't fun, but it eventually worked. 




And final picture. I like moving her hair around to put different colors forward. 

Next time: Krystal!


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. My assumption is they're not actually cheerleaders, but this is one of their fashion assignments where they've got to come up with a design for one + model it, which explains why they're all different as opposed to more uniform, as well as the heels haha :)

    ReplyDelete