Thursday, December 3, 2020

REVIEW: Barbie Extra #4 and #5




I wasn't into the Extra line at all based on the first 3 dolls, but 4 and 5 won me over instantly. 

These run $24.99. I had them pre-ordered on Amazon, but Walmart got them in stock a lot earlier, so I cancelled Amazon and ordered from Walmart. 


These dolls definitely do come with "extra." Unfortunately for me, I'm not a big fan of much of the extra. 

I hate fanny packs of any kind. Ugh. 

The cats are kinda cute but unnecessary. 

The skateboard is cool. 


She also has two bracelets and a watch. 

I noticed when I pushed her sleeves up that they used sticky tape to hold them in place. Thankfully, this came off really easily with no residue left behind. 



The jacket is super nice quality. 



Her poor hair was a little box mushed. 

I actually like her outfit, which is really unusual for me when it comes to Barbie these days. Barbie absolutely hands down wins the diversity points, but the outfits are...not great. 





I love this girl's face! The light eyes. The freckles. She's gorgeous. 


We're going to put #4 on hold for a minute and go to #5. 

This doll. 

Wow. 

I fell in love with her face and hair right away. 



She comes with 3 necklaces and 2 bracelets. 

The dog is really cute and the car is nicely done. 




It's so much fringe, y'all. 

*shudder*





This is better, but it's way too plain for such a beauty. 



I hated how her earrings dominated her face. She's stunning. She doesn't need door knocker earrings covering her face. 

So I took them out and one broke. It was ridiculously difficult to get these earrings out. Ridiculously. Fix it, Mattel. 



BEAUTIFUL FACE.

I called her Native American Lady Lovely Locks when I first saw her. She's definitely got a Native American vibe for me and it's not the fringe or the braids telling me that. It's her face. 




Braids from the side. 




And from the back. 



Here's a quick body comparison. 

This was after #4 had a quick salon treatment. I didn't want any curl to come out of her hair, but I wanted it to lay better. 



Here's #4 in her stock with her newly-dry hair. 

#5 got a redress. I decided she had to join my pastel tall girls club, so she got this Little Twin Stars top and combined it with some business edgy/corp goth vibes. I need to find her a funky pair of boots. Everything I tried looked too big on her. 



#4 chose to be with her fellow freckled girls. 



And here's #5 with her new friends. 

I think I need to get #3 and have her join them...


PHOTO CREDITS: Mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment