Thursday, December 24, 2020

REVIEW: 2003 Integrity Toys Off the Hook Dayle

Well, this review has been a long time coming. I've wanted one of these dolls for a couple years at least, but I kept missing out on the lower-priced ones. If I was going to pay bigger bucks, I wanted to at least start with Dayle, who's my favorite. 

I didn't get my preferred version of Dayle with the pigtails, but I was happy enough to get this ponytail version as one of my Christmas gifts. 

Off the Hook is a line from 2003, produced by Integrity Toys, who did a lot more with playline back then instead of just focusing on their elitist "high fashion" lines. 

I don't remember if I ever saw these in stores. I think I would have bought some if I did. 





Here's all her stuff: red top, white jacket, denim skirt, undies, shoes, drawstring purse, comb/brush combo.

These were touted as being able to fit 11.5" fashion doll outfits while also being able to pose.

Everything is extremely pin-uppy. 

The legs have no knee joints. They're hard plastic and only move at the hips, but they're molded in different poses, which is cool. 

She's got a tiny jointed waist and very large boobs. Definitely pin-up. 

Then her arms are soft and bendable, like the bodies on the Winx Club dolls would be. Yet her hands are hard plastic with articulated wrists. 

The overall proportions are really odd. Big boobs, practically no hips, skinny legs. Definitely not the type of body you'd see in today's more body diverse lines. Not that there's anything wrong it it. Just pointing out that this is really dated.



Points for having two different hand molds. 




Here you can get an idea of the molded legs. 



The shirt is also something I don't think a modern line would get away with. There's no lining in it, so that's her skin showing through all its holes.


I love the vintagey shoes.





The arms aren't really attractive bare, so I'm glad she comes with the jacket. 





I adore the faces on this line!


I may work on her hair or I may let it go. I'm not sure yet.


One more face shot. 

I definitely want more of this line now. There are 4 total characters. Dayle here is the redhead and Reese is blonde. Neve (often called Neue thanks to an odd font) is black and Toya is Latina. There seem to be 2 versions of each girl produced. They're not easy to find and not cheap unless you get lucky. Sigh!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment