Monday, February 20, 2023

HQG1C

 

I first heard of HQG1C in 2016 and purchased Genie here. 

Then I never ended up keeping up with releases, which turned into me buying almost everything I ever wanted of theirs in one fell swoop now. 



These two are what sparked my need. I love the Mountain Boys, but I only own Fireball. Baby versions of Lightning and Thundercloud? Sold. 

I'm always impressed by how well made these are. They're just as good as Genie. 



Just so you can see the mixed colors in the manes. 



From the same mold, I also got Bubbly, who is clearly Gametime's brother. 



I no longer have Sugarcake to make the second pairing, so I skipped the yellow boy. 




Li'l Pumpkin. Adorable. 




Lucky Star. 



I almost got these so many times! Childhood Lori wanted a red pony very badly and could never understand why they didn't make one. Spellbound is perfection. (She's the red one.) Lovebound is also lovely. 



I do love the Flutter Pony poses. 



So I also ended up with a full set of the Artistry Ponies. 

Prism and Whirl here are clearly invoking Dabble and Scribbles. At a much lower cost. 



These two are Rhyme and Flow. There was nothing better than Flow? Nothing? She's too pretty to be named Flow. Maybe just Flo. That'll do. She's my third fave of the set. She needs a good name. 


And finally, my favorite two of the Artistry set: Rhythm and Pizzazz. 

Rhythm is easily my favorite of the unique designs. I love the baby Mountain Boys to pieces, so it's hard to fairly compare them with a fully custom design. Her colors are fabulous though. 

I'm glad I finally caught up!

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment