Wednesday, February 8, 2023

NEWS: Monster High Skulltimate Secrets Fearidescent

I'm gonna go back to being lazy and not sharing the leaked photos. They're all over IG. Go check them out. 

As I said last post, this line is clearly actually "fear of iridescent." I'm not sure how you're gonna name a line after a thing and then have only one piece from each doll be that thing. But as a friend said, the iridescent pieces don't exactly look good, so it's no loss on our parts. 

Gonna just say right here that I hate glitter spackle makeup. I'm hoping it's not too bad in person. I like what they're going for, but it's always so, so crusty in reality. 

Also, this is not and never will be a winter line. Deal.

LAGOONA: We saw this ghoul last night. The fur stole and iridescent skirt are the weakest links. Everything else is nice. Love the doll herself. Gorgeous!

FRANKIE: STUNNING. Their prosthetic is transparent and glittery! Everything here except the fur piece is lovely. They have the best iridescent piece, too. I'm seriously impressed.

DRACULAURA: She's the weakest one by far. Hate the earmuffs. The iridescent skirt is such a poor cut. The two tops and pink/black skirt are okay but nothing special. I like the boots and shoes. The best pieces are the purse and the compact with the floating lipstick print as if she's looking into the mirror. That's adorable. Might still get her, as the doll and footwear and probably enough to be worth it for me.

CLAWDEEN: She has the second-best iridescent piece, but still not great. I like both tops and both pieces of footwear. The doll herself is okay. Not sure I'll get her. I do want to know why she suddenly can see though. I loved having a character that needed corrective eyewear. If you're going to wuss out on the character details because "dolls with glasses don't sell" or some weak crap, then write it into the storyline that when she's a wolf she can see. 

CLEO: NO PINK FUCK YEAH. I despise the turban and the shorts are really bad, but everything else is just wow. She even makes spackle lips look good. 

Definitely getting Cleo, Lagoona and Frankie. Now I'm not sure I want to bother with Skulltimate Series 1 except for Lagoona and Clawdeen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment