Monday, February 20, 2023

REVIEW: Rainbow High Series 5 Kim Nguyen



Oh, Kim, I wanted to love you. 

They really did this poor girl dirty. I knew I wasn't going to like the dress, but so many other issues. Argh. 




Stand and stuff. 



Sewing machine, makeup, and thankfully, a cool phone. I hate when they don't get a phone like poor Olivia. 




I love the R motif. It reminds me of Monique's. 



I also love that her phone shows a post featuring herself. 




I love these. Are they supposed to be two Rs? I think so from squinting at the photos, but RH is so drilled into me that this feels weird. 


UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

This is one of the worst RH pieces ever. And on a doll with no other clothing options. 

They never cut minidresses in a flattering way. They always look like sacks. 



The back with the pockets is a way more interesting look. But maybe just stop using denim in place of blue. It wouldn't have been that hard to have navy pieces. 


So she got her gel washed out and dried with her bangs being held down overnight. The bangs are not even. Surprise surprise. But I'm just letting them go. I'm tired of cutting hair. 

She's wearing her own jacket over Skyler's too-large denim top. I wanted to keep her in dark colors and that was not easy to do. The skirt is Minnie's. 


I really hope other people got better Kims. 

Not only have both of the ones I've seen had lip flaws (this second one was minor so I gave up and kept her) and crappy bangs, the one I opened has very poor rooting. I'm not one to complain about hair thickness very often, but this is bad. Her hair is very thin and it's right up at the front. She needs a headband to cover this. And scooting around other hair to make it better only reveals even more bald spots. Blech. 



Forgot to take a pic of her shoes. Oh, well. They're simple but I like them. 

Overall, I'm not impressed with Kim. I had to give her a completely new outfit, keeping only her jacket and shoes. I had to do hair work on her and she has hair problems that are beyond fixing. She doesn't photograph very well. I wanted to love her, but instead I'm just really disappointed they did such a bad job with her. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment