Monday, February 20, 2023

REVIEW: Rainbow High Series 5 Aidan Russell


Well, I hate to say it, but we go from my two pleasant surprises to my two unpleasant disappointments. 

I was here for Aidan. I didn't care when people mocked his outfit, even though they knew what it would be for how many years? But making him shelf presentable was not fun. 




Back of the box. 




I feel like they could have given him a different stand/comb color that was less Shadow High. 



His stuff. 



This is my favorite thing about Aidan. How much he loves his friends. 



So this is my final product, two gel rinses and one haircut later. 

His hair is terrible. It's solid gel, so you have to wash it, but then it wants to go in every possible direction all at once and it's just as many different lengths. It's the worst boy hair they've done. The pastel bits were all over, the tinsel was a hundred flyaways. Ugh. 

My go to for fixing RH boy hair is apparently "comb it to the side." I tried combing it back, but it wasn't having it. I kind of like the swoop of white/tinsel into pastels. 



I want to like this, but the cut of the shirt is too unflattering. Why are the sleeves covering his hands? Why does it look two sizes too big? 

So your choice is either unflattering shirt or him looking really boring without it. I kept it on. 




Absolutely not. 





Aidan is off to sit at Ainsley's feet on my SH shelf. I don't have Avery, so he has to sit with his second friend. 

I'm glad Aidan finally got a doll after being a character since the first episode. I don't hate the final product, but they could have done him so much more justice. If you want him, you are going to have to work with that hair. He's not going to be an easy debox and display. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment