Friday, February 3, 2023

NEWS: Monster High Skullector

 


Mattel teased these yesterday and now we have the full image of the new Midnight Runway Skullector dolls. 

Cleo looks mostly amazing. She's not overly slathered in gold fabric, which is nice. I like the muted style of the cape. The color scheme for the wrappings looks good. Not huge on the black translucent shoes or armbands, but I can deal. The wsẖ collar is decent but could have looked a little less stiff. Her hair looks good and what I can see of the makeup, though I wish they hadn't glittered her lips. I'm going to be trying for her thanks to the Anubis mask. I don't know why they went so stylized on the ears, but otherwise, it looks great. I love that they tried to emulate the wig locks on the sides and the Khepri deco is lovely. Mostly, she's a win for me. 

Spectra is also lovely. I love the style of every single thing she's wearing, and her mold is still one of my faves from the entire line, so I'll likely try for her, too. 

Frankie is the only one that really shouldn't be here. It should be Ghoulia. Her coat is awesome, but I'm not a fan of the rest, so she's an easy skip. 

Frankie will go up for sale on Friday, February 10th at 9AM PST. Cleo and Spectra will be later in the year, thank the dolly gods. I can't afford one right now!

3 comments:

  1. Cleo's lovely. The more muted colors really suit her and it took them long enough to give her a Mask like that. Spectra also looks great and might just be the first Spectra I'm trying for (If we don't get a G3 Spectra by then). Frankie is... a bit of a mess. There's awesome details but they don't quite come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleo is a standout in the group, Overall the dolls look like a play line set, not collector quality. I am glad Spectra is in the lineup as she is one of my favorite MH characters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always felt that about the Skullector dolls. They're a very small step above playline. All of them, not just HC. The taller collector Draculaura was better quality than all of them. I love several designs, but they've never been collector-level quality, so it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm willing to pay for designs I like. I'm just pickier about them at that price point.

      Delete